The End? (Final Chapter)

• Dedicated to To everyone who's still reading! LOVE YOU! <3

I woke with a start. My eyes snapped open to see a white room and an overwhelming smell of antiseptic. At first I consider if I’m dead but I then see a man comes up to me, he’s was dressed in white with rubber gloves on his hand. His hair is messy and sandy blonde; he looks in his late twenties – early thirties.

“Hello Alexandra.” I gasped; it was the voice I had heard in my head when my vision went blurry. I look around to room, and that’s when it hit me. I was in hospital. I looked down to see me in a white bed only wearing a thin hospital gown. I had wires coming out of me which lead to numerous monitors next to me. The only one I recognised that the heart monitor, the rest were a mystery to me.

“You’re a doctor.” I said stupidly at the man. My voice sounded husky and my mouth was dry; like a desert.

“Yes, I’m Dr. Peterson.”

I took my opportunity to ask the burning questions I had. “So how hard did the car hit me yesterday? I’m guessing pretty hard I’m in hospital. Also my vision keeps becoming blurry, that’s why I got hit by the car, well lorry. Why doesn’t my vision become blurry? I also hear voices when it happens, well it’s your voice, which is weird because I don’t even know you, am I going mad?”

I stop when I see the confused expression her got as I was asking.

“What?” I ask sharply.

“Alexandra, you weren’t hit by a lorry; you’ve been in a coma for a month.” He says calmly as he begins to inspect my monitor and my eyes.

“What?” This time my voice is soft but shaky. What did he mean?

“What I mean is you were never hit by a lorry, you were dreaming. That tends to happen when one is in a coma, when you…um…’vision went blurry’ you were regaining consciousness, that is why you could hear my voice.”

The way he said it made me feel stupid for not realising it.

My mum burst through the doors of the hospital room. “Alex! Alex your awake, I was so worried.” She hugged me tightly and I realised the difference; in my dream everything was overdramatic and emphasised. Here, right now, it felt real.

Doctor Peterson looked down at his watch and walked silently out of the room. Through the opening of the door I could see some small green sofas with two people on it. One of them stood up and came to the door.

Serena was next to run through the door she was in a small white and black spotted dress, her hair was down and styled and she barrelled towards me. As she held me, the monitors were going mad. I didn’t see a point to them so I took the stickers off my body that were connected to the machines. Instantly, the noise died and the room was silent except for the silent weeping from Serena and mum. But Serena managed to put them back on.

“Don’t take them off.” She said kindly.

I stroked Serena’s silky hair to comfort her until I hear her tummy rumble.

“Serena, have you eaten?”

“No.” She says quietly.

“Right…go with mum down to the café and get some because I don’t want you starving yourself. Got it?”

My sister nodded against my shoulder. I looked up at mum.

“Are you OK with that?”

“Yes.” She smiles at me. “It’s so good to see you.”

I can’t help smiling back.

 As they make their way towards the door I can’t help wondering why I’m in hospital. I feel fine.

The door opens again, I thought it was mum or Serena, or both of them coming in saying they don’t want to go to the café; or maybe Dr. Peterson to check up on me. I had convinced myself it was the doctor and I was preparing to ask what had happened to me.

It was Jason.

He walked though the room, as gorgeous as ever and sat next on the bed beside me.

“Hey.” He said tenderly.

“Hi” I was a little short of breathe; I could feel my heart leaping hammering inside my chest.

He looked me straight in the eyes and smiled.

Without warming his warm lips softly pressed against mine.

I melted.

I could feel this kiss from the ends of my hair to the tips of my toes. His mouth moved smoothly as if there was no place better for them. Instinctively I wound my arms around his neck and closed my eyes. His hair was velvet soft; his kiss became more intoxicating by the minute. His arms wrapped round my slim waist; caressing my back with his gently yet big hands. The kiss became more urgent, full of love and passion. We clung on for as long as we could, my heart monitor peeped like crazy. His heart was the same, I could feel it. This was so much better than kissing him in my dream.

My dream. So, it was all a lie…I relaxed letting the sensation take over me. His lips moved from my mouth to my neck. I felt exhilarated, never has a guy made me feel this way.

There was a nagging voice in the back of my head. I ignored it, not know what it was saying.

He pulled away, and rested his forehead on mine.  “I have always loved you, and when we met your dad in the mall, that just confirmed it.” He whispered to me though his rapid breathing; I smiled lovingly and he leaned forward.

His lips returned to my lips. His tongue slid into my mouth. My grasp tightened, holding him closer to me. Jason gently placed me on to my back, my head resting in the fluffy pillow. He lowered on top of me, still kissing me. Are breathing was getting heavier and deeper, occasionally raising are heads to breath.

 As much as I was enjoying this, this could easily get out of control; as much as I loved him and how turned on I was, I was not going to have sex with him on a hospital bed. So, to my body’s dissatisfaction, I stopped kissing Jason.

As I pulled away, Jason face flashed with shock but smiling quickly spread over his face.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to…go to fast…I’m, I’m just so glad you’re alive.” He whispered into my ear. “Oh.” He breathed as he realised he was laying on me and the rapid beeping of the heart monitor.

“It’s…er…OK. Seriously!”  I said though my heavy breathing as he got off me and helped me into a sitting position. He looked so sweet sat there in front of me that I hugged him. He held me closer and I closed my eyes hoping this feeling will never end.

The voice in my head was become louder until I could not ignore it anymore. Annoyed, I listened.

‘I have always loved you, and when we met your dad in the mall, that just confirmed it’ Jason’s words were swimming through my head, playing over and over.

My eyes snapped open as the realisation flood over me. I thought seeing my dad at the mall was part of the dream. But what did this mean? When and why was I in a coma? Was I really going to New York or not? Did Serena really have a drugs problem? What happened to me?

What was real and what was a dream?