The Calm Before The Storm

Note from Author:

I don't think this chapter went very well but it'll do. :S

Ashley xx

-

A shiver shock through my entire body as the chilling wind whipped past my face. I looked over to Jason to see how he was fairing. He didn’t even show the slightest discomfort, in fact, he was standing tall; straight back, chin slightly raised. If anything he should be colder than me.

“How are you doing that?” I tried to say through my chattering teeth.

His eyes snapped to my face and smiled down to me. "Do what?" he asked, although I had a felling he know exactly what I was talking about.

"Well" I stared, "maybe the fact that it's like minus 20 degrees and your walking around like your in the Caribbean, like it's the hottest place in the world."

His smile grew even larger and he started to unzip his leather jacket. At first I thought he was making fun of me for feeling cold. My face started to crumple with annoyance.

"Yeah, yeah! I get it. I-" I stopped as his hands gently pushed the jacket past my arms and onto my shoulders. The warmth of his body still lingered on his jacket. I instinctively pulled the leather closer to my body.

As I did this, Jason's arm gently brushed my hand. He's hand jerked backwards. "God, your hands are freezing."

I was in too shock and too happy to talk. So instead of saying anything I just nodded in agreement.

Jason grabbed my hand and cupped it in his. His hands were at least twice as big as mine but a lot warmer. The heat radiated of his and streamed through me.

"So, do you want to talk." Jason asked with a worried expression. I suddenly realised that my face was bright red and I wasn't breathing. I took a deep breath in which made me sound like I was gasping.

"...Yeah." I was looking straight at him waiting for him to talk. We spent what seemed like forever, just staring into each others eyes. I was not able to break from his gaze. I kept willing myself to look away, that this made me look stupid. But I couldn't do it.

As we reach the house, we both stopped as just carried on staring. His lips opened, about to say, or do, something.

"Jason..." I whispered not realising that I had just said it out loud. It was like a dream come true.

"Ewwww! Get a room!" screamed Serena and she came strolling down the patio with two of her friends hopped round her arms.

The blonde on her right cried "Omigosh your sister is going out with Jason Collins!"

The red head on the left went extremely shy. She crossed her legs and blushed so that her cheeks were almost the same colour as her hair. "Hi Jason" she tried to say as seductively as possible. She fluttered her eyelashes, classic flirting maneuver.

Jason lifted his eyes from my face and and burst out laughing. The red hair looked like she was about to pass out and Jason smiled at her. I could see her legs shaking. "Could I have your autograph?"

"Um...If you want?" he said and turned to face me and made an over the top confused face. I couldn't help but laugh. In my mind though, I felt envious.

As soon as this thought came into my head, I tried to push it out. I didn't know where these thought had come from.

"Kat, would you please chill out." My sister moaned, like it had happened before. Was this a regular for Kat, was it? "What have I told you..."

"No, it's fine. I'll give you an autograph if you really want one." Jason said kindly, half to my sister, half to Kat. "Do you have some paper and a pen?"

"HELL YEAH! - I mean yes." As Kat rumaged through her, Serena unhooked her arm from Kat's and made a disgusted expression.

"You do know he is dating my sister?" My sister said smuggly.

Kat suddenly widened her eyes, as if she was just noticing that I was stood right in front of her.

"We're not..." I started, but I cut off when Jason replied. "A while."

I stared up at him in amazement. He looked down, raised one of his perfectly shaped eyebrows and mouthed 'go with it'. I bent my head and I smiled to myself. Jason was saying that I was his boyfriend.

"Oh." Kat looked sheepish and stared at the ground, circling her foot on the pavement.

"We have to got now, Kat." Serena said while tugging Kat and the blonde girl harshly.

"Bye, Jason." All three of them called to Jason as theyy walked down the road towards the shopping mall. Me and Jason laughed as we watched the girls walk away.

"See you tomorrow." Jason turned to me and said.