Chapter Seven

‼️Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto‼️

Okay, so the night didn't go as bad as Sakura had originally thought it out to be. Ino kept her mouth shut and everyone in attendance had yet to question her on her choice in drink.

She chose to drink water instead of her usual Sake. She had received some questioning glances but no one ever spoke about it. It wasn't until the actual dinner, did all hell break loose.

"Sakura-chan... have you gained weight?" That did it. Hinata had slapped a hand over his mouth before the blonde Hokage could do any further damage. "Gomenasai Sakura-san! Naruto just had a little bit too much to drink is all! Why don't you lie down on the couch for a little while."

It was true. Naruto had in fact had too much to drink. He was ushered out of the room by his wife and led into the adjacent one. His face covered in a deep red blush. Perhaps the Nanadaime had a little too much fun that night.

Silence rang over the dining room. Well, that was of course until Sai provided his own input. "He's right Ugly. You do in fact look like you've put on a few pounds." He said as if it was a fact instead of an insinuation.

Sakura gritted her teeth. Her muscles were now tense and a vein was poking out of her forehead. You would think that after ten years of marriage to Konoha's one and only Yamanaka Ino, the man would've known better to comment on a woman's weight.

The room was once again silent, save for Sakura's seething ate the far end of the large wooden table. "Oh man, she's gonna blow." Kiba whispered to Tamaki, his fiancée.

But she didn't. She was stopped by a hand clasping hers under the table. She looked to her husband who just continued to eat the white rice on his plate. His thumb rubbed soothing circles on the back of her hand, a silent way of telling her to calm down.

Her eyes softened and she returned her gaze to her plate. It was nearly empty. Had she really eaten that much? She turned back towards her husband. He allowed himself to look back at her.

It was as if they were having a silent discussion using only their eyes, and with a nod from Sasuke, Sakura sighed before addressing the group.

"There's no use in hiding it anymore... I'm p-pregnant.." a long pause rang over the dining room before everyone erupted into cheers and loud clapping.

All of the adults came up to congratulate the couple. "How far along are you?" Hinata asked.
"Oh, she's around three months by now, Ne Sakura?" A sober Ino answered.

"Wait Ino how long have you known?" Temari asked. "Oh, I've known for a while now." She answered. "You told Yamanaka before me?" It was Sasuke who asked this time.

"Well.. you were on your mission and we couldn't reach you. And besides, Ino found out on her own so I didn't exactly tell her." Sakura explained. Sasuke nodded in understanding.

Kiba came towards the couple and swung an arm around Sasuke's shoulders. "Sasuke you dog! You went ahead and got Konoha's very own cherry blossom pregnant again?! Never thought you'd have it in you." He could smell the alcohol on his breath as he spoke.

He turned to give the Inuzuka a menacing glare and Kiba's goofy grin turned into a look of fear  before he made up an excuse to leave.

From her seat at the table, Sarada could see the Hokage passed out on the couch in the other room. "Poor Nanadaime. He missed out on all the fun."

❀•❀•❀•❀
Short, I know. But, I plan on making the next chap longer.

~littlebrownbean☕️💛