Chapter Ten

Art by whitesnow14
(Not specifically made for this fanfiction)

She put a hand on her swollen belly, rubbing it in smooth circles. It had been three weeks after they had found out. The family of three couldn't have been more happy.

A larger hand settled over hers, joining it in the little massage. It had been one of those days when neither Sasuke nor Sakura really had anything to do. With her temporary leave from the hospital and his lack of S rank missions (courtesy of the blonde Hokage), they were taking this once in a lifetime opportunity to just sit down and enjoy each other.

Sakura hummed in content. She could get used to this. She leaned back and rested her head on his shoulder. "Could we stay just like this until the end of time?" She smiled up at him. The man chuckled "Yeah, like Naruto would allow that to happen." She laughed at her husband "I guess you're right."

She stopped laughing when she felt a weird fluttering in her stomach. Sasuke's eyebrows furrowed, his face holding the silent question, only for Sakura's lips to curl up into a big, beautiful smile.

"They're kicking." She whispered with so much love and adoration. She lifted her shirt to bunch up below her breasts and took his lone hand in both of hers to place it lower on her stomach, just below the curve of it. "I don't feel anything, Sakura." He rasped

"Shh sh. Just wait." She whispered again. They waited a few more seconds. "Come on little guys. You can do it." She sang and sure enough, the fluttering began again.

She gasped and craned her neck to look back at him. "You felt that right?! Please, Sasuke. Tell me you felt that!" Her excitement bounced off of the walls of their apartment. She watched the mix of emotions flash across his usually stoic face. First confusion, then shock, and then came in happy. He nodded.

Sakura was so happy that tears began to well up in her green eyes. "Oh! Their kicks feel so strong!" She happily exclaimed as she once again began running her hand over her stomach. "You've got your mama's legendary strength! Isn't that right, my precious babies." Her response was an onslaught of ticklish kicks.

"They must like the sound of your voice." Sasuke inquired, a loving smile now sitting on his lips as he watched his wife fidget in her happy state.

"Is that true babies? You like mama's voice? Kick once if you can understand me." Sakura knew they couldn't, but the idea that they could made her that much more happier.

They played with them for a little while longer before the kicking slowly stopped. The two just sat there with Sakura's back pressed against Sasuke's chest and his legs slightly bent on either side of her.

"Sasuke?" She sighed. All of her energy had drained after playing with the twins. Her head rested against his shoulder as her eyes began to flutter open and then closed.

"Hm?" He hummed. He looked down at her and her tired smile. "Thank you." She said.

That caught Sasuke off guard. For the entirety of their romantic relationship, it had always been him thanking her. She would always smile at him and brush off the apology. She'd say things like 'don't worry' or 'it's okay'.

His smile returned to his face and he moved his hand from her stomach to brush away the stray hairs from her face. "I think it's me who should be thanking you, Tsuma."

Sakura smiled at that before finally closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep.

"Sho, chwins huh?" Chōchō asked, her mouth full of cosmo flavored potato chips. They were walking back from a group training activity that included the genin from team seven and team Ino-Shika-Chō.

Sakura sighed at the lack of cleanliness and manners. "Yeah. Apparently it's super rare within the clan." She said, having remembered what her father had told her on the matter.

"Oh, that's cool! So, are they like, miracle babies or something?" She asked between bites.

Sarada giggled at her friend "I guess you could call it that."

They continue walking and talking until they came up the the two roads marking their separate paths.

"See you later, Sarada!" Chōchō yelled over her shoulder. Sarada smiled and cupped her hands over her mouth. "Have a good night Chōchō! Get home safe okay?!"

She waved and watched her friend slowly disappeared in the distance before turning and walking up the path that lead to the apartment.

"Tadaima~!" She sang, only to have her greeting echo throughout the quiet apartment. "Where is everyone?" She mumble to herself after receiving no response. She noticed that the smell of dinner had yet to reach her nose as it usually would when she came home after a long day.

She toed her sandals off and replaced them with her fluffy, yellow house slippers. She trotted through the hallway to her bedroom, stretching her arms over her head as she went when she came to a halt.

There, sprawled out on the living room couch, were her mother and father. Limbs entangled together and small snores and sighs leaving their mouths.

She watched as her father's hand unconsciously ran across her mother's bulging belly. Her mother's hand placed on his chest right over his steady heart.

Sarada's look of shock morphed into one of love. She shivered a little and noticed that the fan was on full blast. Quickly, she turned around and moved towards the cupboard where they kept all the extra throw blankets and pillows.

She came back to the living room with the coziest blanket they had: a warm, fluffy, pink, woolen blanket. She carefully crept over to them and stood behind the couch. She gently laid the blanket, being sure that their feet got covered as well. She leaned on the couch with her head cradled in her hands just staring at them with a loving smile.

She was especially happy that her father was able to really, truly relax while he was home with them. She knew  while he was on all those high ranked missions that he had to stay alert and keep his guard up, often times getting little to no rest. There was absolutely no room for error on a mission like that.  And for that, she was happy that he was able to rest and be here with them.

She suddenly remembered that none of them had cooked dinner and she was feeling quite hungry. She sighed and pulled back from the couch and threw her arms up over her head again in a stretch.

"I guess it's my turn to make dinner tonight."

I have written this chapter three times already because wattpad keeps deleting it 😭.

I hope you all enjoyed! Remember to vote and comment what you think. Love you guys, and stay safe!

~littlebrownbean ☕️💛