Chapter Two

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

_____________________

It was a month after Sasuke had left before Sakura began to notice changes in her everyday routine. On a normal day she would wake up at around seven o'clock.

But as of lately, she's been sleeping in until nine or ten in the morning, usually having Sarada wake her up before she left for early morning training. She would then have breakfast, her go to being a simple egg omelette with onions and peppers.

But she's become so nauseous that she's had to switch her breakfast to a simple slice of toast with soy nut butter and a glass of orange juice.

There was also another thing that has changed in the past month. She's noticed that her breasts have gotten a bit bigger. The bras she had were snug around her and they made her chest sore.

When she had told Ino about it she only had one thing to say.

"You are so pregnant!"

They were currently sitting in the outside area of a new tea house that they wanted to try out. It was a late Saturday morning and there was a slight breeze that shakes the branches of the cherry blossom tree next to them.

"Ino!" Sakura was mortified. She noticed that people were starting to look at them. "Sorry." She said awkwardly. The people turned back to their own food and conversations.

"Ino, I am not pregnant. I don't know what's happening but it is not that." She told her friend. Ino wasn't having any of it. "When was the last time you had your" Ino started to notice the people trying to listen in on their conversation before leaning over the table and whispering the last part. "Period?"

Sakura took a moment to think to herself before her eyes came bulging out. "There's no way..." Her voice laced with uneasiness. She couldn't believe what Ino was insinuating. She then looked at her clasped hands in her lap. Ino's lips pulled up into a knowing smirk before she heard sniffling noises.

When she looked at her friends bowed head she noticed the tears falling. "Sakura are you...crying?" Sakura didn't answer, she unclasped her hands only to have them latch onto her skirt in a tight grip. The tears kept falling, landing on her hands as she silently cried.

"Sakura could you possibly be unhap-

"Sakura could you possibly be unhap-.." Ino didn't get to finish that sentence before the woman in front of her lifted her head. A small, serene smile graced her features as she cried. It was then Ino's turn to smile.

Sakura's smile then fell. "But what about Sasuke-kun. Would he even want another child..?" She stood up from her seat and put the money for the bill on the table.

"I'm sorry, Ino. I have to leave." She told her friend before running from the tea house. "You're leaving?! But our food hasn't even arrived yet!" Said Ino who was now also getting up out of her seat.

The blonde kunoichi watched the backside of her friend quickly getting further away. The emblem of the Uchiha was proudly displayed between her shoulder blades on her pale green sweater.

Ino's scowl then turned into a smile as she watched her friend slowly deviate to the left to catch her breath while clutching her stomach.

"Oh yeah, she's definitely pregnant."