Chapter 22: I Love You, Brother

- Cassiela POV -

We arrived in 10 minutes, we bumped with Edward in the hallway, he said Jake and Elliot were already there. Room 1208, we took the elevator, ran to get there as fast as we can.

It's a huge and bright room with couches, I saw him laid down on a bed, eyes closed, pale face, with an oxygen mask, there were not other medical equipments, but why's he unconscious. Elliot and Jake were sitting on the couch, with a man in suit, a woman that came closer greeted us, her mother. I could not hold but let tears fell down, and so Edward, I stood behind and Grayson beside me, put his arm around my shoulder, then he placed my head on his chest wrapped me tightly.

"Wake up man, what happen?? You're kidding me right. You owe me a match" Edward said as holding Liam's hand

"I'm sorry Edward, he didn't want us to tell anyone about this" the woman said as crying, and the man comforted her, Jake and Elliot stood up joining us.

His parents told us that Liam has suffering a cancer, since around 2 years ago and he made it a secret even to his best friends. He gave up smoking and he didn't drink anymore lately, that's why. He was in ICU for a week, and moved to this room by today as the doctor said there's no significant improvement but the body condition dropped and also it's his parents decision. His parents called his best friends because they need to know at least for the last time. Oh God, he looked just fine last month when he visited me, just a little skinnier I guess. He's really nice to me, he even told me that he loves me.

"How could he didn't tell me" Ed said. Me, Grayson, and Edward, we were sitting at the hospital canteen. It's almost 7 pm. Liam's parents were out to get some clothes for change. They looked tired too. Jake and Elliot were in Liam's room.

"He kept it really well.." he added

"He came to Pisa and he looked just fine last month. He's a nice person, Ed, I could tell he's really care for me" I said

"He told me about you, I know" Ed said, as holding my hand on the table

"He even came to meet me, he did it really well like he knows everything, and damn he's right" Grayson said as looking to Edward and then turned his head towards me

"I didn't expect that, I wish I knew it from the start" Edward sighed, then he stood up, walked to the counter to get some drinks

"But why? What did he say?" I asked

"It's about you Princess" he smiled "Well, of course we talked about other stuffs, we get along really well anyway" he said as pinching my nose like a little kid. This guy, I could tell he's really care for me. Even his cocky attitude always caught my attention. But he can be sweet too.

It's 8 pm when we're in the hallway out from the elevator, walking back to the room, Jake came out from the room, screamed and ran towards us "He's gone" he said, hugging Edward, tears fell down. We ran to the room, I saw Elliot down on his knee beside the bed, and his parents were already there.

"No!!" I screamed and cried, Edward was in front of me, he reached the bed and grabbed Liam's hand
"Arggghhh... No way!! This is not real! Wake up man, come on brother, don't leave me!!" Edward cried like a little kid, never seen him like this.

I stepped forward the opposite of Ed, to hold Liam's hand, it's warm. Oh tell me this is just a dream. He's really good to me, he's a nice person, and I love him! Just like Edward, he's more than a friend to me. Even I only got a chance to be with him in short time but he got a place in my heart. Grayson was beside me, he wrapped me around his hands, buried me on his chest, and I cried hard. I saw sadness in his eyes, he even let out tears falling down on his face. It was the worst day ever.

WILLIAM CALEB WRIGHT

His name, written on a beige white marble stone, bed of green grass, flower petals, and bouquets. I wore black dress, and around me they're all in black. Grayson put his hand around my shoulder, he's always there since yesterday. He drove me home, in the morning I noticed he slept out in the living room, when I went downstairs, because Cody called me that he brought black suit for Grayson.

———

- Grayson POV -

I don't want to leave her alone, she needs me. She looked so down, she cried hard, sadness in her eyes, I wish I could take away the pain. He's gone, Liam. I have no idea, we just met few weeks ago, we even get along really well, I started to like him already. The fact that he loves Cassie but he let her go, now I know why.

It's a sunny day, I put up an umbrella holding it with my right hand and the other one wrapped around her shoulders. She wore a black dress, covering her redden eyes with black glasses, she's so beautiful. This girl, I'll protect her no matter what. I know it's not easy to start all over again, her fragile heart, no I need to be very gentle, I'll do anything to be with her. This is my chance, and I don't have to worry about Hunter again.

Flashback
Couple weeks ago, we were at Oliver's.

"Man, you won't believe this!! Hunter, he moved out to the states" Harry shouted as came in

"What did you say?? You're kidding" Oliver questioned

"Yes yes yes, I got it from trusted man,
he's in the gang. He said her sister is suffering from a decease, I'm not sure but that's all he said. Hunter is hired by billionaire as a guard, he need a lot of money for the medical treatment" Harry explained

"But it's not that it's over right?" I said. I feel a relief though

"We'll find out" Cody said, as patted my shoulder

Few days passed, the boys gathered more information about Hunter. It surprised me that I got a phone call from foreign number, it was no other but Hunter. I was shocked, I don't know if I supposed to be happy or what. He told me about his sister, I think it was the one that I saw earlier at his place. He even said sorry to me that he brought me into drugs and other bad thing, he tried to quit himself, and I feel happy for him. It was hard for him, I know. I was very angry about what he did to Cassie but I can't live with all the hate and grudge, I'll forgive, by the time.

- end of flashback

Time passed by, I will graduate soon, like in a month. I will miss this uniform, this school thing, I'll continue to university for sure, though I can earn my own money at the moment but education is important. Well I realized, as much as I skip school, it's not that I'm bad in all subjects, I have good grade in specific course.

About Cassie, I know she needs time, I keep myself always around her. Though it's not that we went out together, but simple thing such as joining her during lunch time once a while, good night text, I followed her when she's out from school several times until she got home safely. I really want to spend more time with her, but I hold myself. I told her about Hunter, and I could see a relief in her eyes.

-----