chapter 8 : Little Freedom Left

THE MIKAELSON COMPOUND

CAROLINA HOPE

Aunt Bex walked back and forth in the frantic speed before me as her mouth mumbling something. She randomly picked up fallen chairs off the messy ground in the compound's open area,mess that caused by me,setting it back in its place. And I pretended to be interested on the shattered statue of a mermaid cradling a bowl by the fountain in the middle of the courtyard. I assumed the minor earthquake sets its early demise.

"Bloody hell,Hope!" Aunt Bex finally blurt out. And I know the next sentence will be serious when my middle name gets involved. "Why in the bloody hell you didn't tell me or your father that you can heal rapidly like us? And this..." she twirled her first finger in circles towards the floor,indicating to the mess. "...is your doing? Your magic's doing?"

"What you'd expect me to say,Aunt Bex?" I sighed,giving a little kick to the fallen head of the mermaid statue. I caught my reflection at the dangling glass door leading to the living room,which probably in hellish state by now,and my heart dropped even more.

My hair was frizzy and dirty. My clothes caked in sweat,dirts and dried goo. And my face was masked with such vulnerability. And tired. If only my cut on forehead didn't healed within minutes,freaking Aunt Bex in the car,I wouldn't be forced to spill the beans...of me being sick,puking out black goo as the storms worsened and as I told her that I somehow don't remembered what happened and woke up with such wound on my forehead,her prediction was strengthened even more. That I somehow had magically afflicted with the storm (I quoted the lady herself). Because the storm perished as quickly as it conjured. She assumed that when I fell unconscious,the storm faded along with me. I wanted to ridicule her imaginations but deep down,I was certain that her prediction,her imaginations held certain truth.

The storm. The earthquake. The rain.

Three natures.

Three elements.

Sensing a flow of magic seeped into me back in the library at every elements wraith. I would be crazy to say that it had nothing to do with the Harvest elements.

The ancestral magic itself.

And how did I manage to tap into their lines? Beats me.

I guess I had to wait for Aunt Davina's visit to untangle the mystery.

A screeching halt of a car made me turned around and eyed the entrance. Even from afar,I could guess who just arrived. My eyes shifted Aunt Bex,half pleading to her not to tell anything to father. But I know it's impossible. She smacked her ruby lips together and waited for the paranoia-infested Hybrid King to make his entrance before she made her case to him about the fragile crown princess of his.

Well,I should say my goodbyes now,to the little freedom I have left.