chapter 38 : King and Queen and Vagabond - III

[3/3]

unedited 

Please do note that the 'KQV' tri-chapter all happen within the same day.

[I'm experimenting with 3rd POV for my own sanity]

Hope was very quiet as soon as the car start moving away,leaving the Bayou

Hope was very quiet as soon as the car start moving away,leaving the Bayou. Sitting next to her was Rebekah. She too didn't dare to say anything,fearing she would misspoke and upset her niece even more. Hope already snubbed Elijah for his attempt to hide away the little betrothal news from her.

"This place is quite lovely at sundown,doesn't it?" Rebekah tried to smalltalk. A feeble attempt to resurrect the dead air in the car.

"Yes,if you can tolerate the mosquitoes and the swamp stench,its actually rather serene. Don't you think so too,Hope?" Elijah glanced at Hope briefly before looking back at the road. The youngest Mikaelson however only huffed in irritation and looked pass the window.

"Take me to the compound. I want to see father." Hope told in low voice,not in mood to entertain little chats.

Of many things that in her mind,the Orders' request to wipe the city clean of the Guerrera wolves troubled her the most. If the proposal was made a few weeks ago,she would've gladly agreed wholly,no question asked.

But many things had changed for the past few weeks.

Too many.

What she need right now is a talk with Klaus. She knows for sure her father would know how to handle this kind of thing. He's the New Orleans ruthless hybrid King for heaven's sake.

Besides,she really want to meet that particular person.

As soon as the car slowed down by the compound,Hope already halfway opening the door as if she's dying to get out of it. The place has been scrubbed clean and quiet.

Klaus was standing before a large painting himself by the open courtyard,contemplating when Hope entered. At his daughter's entrance,he turned away from the painting with creased brows. It was obvious that he wasn't expected her coming to the compound yet.

"You smelled like the swamp." Klaus crooked his lip,teasing her for a good measure.

"Father," Hope had greeted plainly as she marched toward him unbothered,stealing a glance to a particular room at the third floor but decided to settle the oppressing matter. She stopped just a few steps away from him. "We need to talk. I have something to tell you."

Behind her,Elijah and Rebekah emerged together side by side. They both had a look on their faces,premoniting him the nature about what Hope will be telling him. Klaus assessed the situation and softly took his daughter's shoulder. His eyes bore into hers affectionately,giving her his undivided attention.