chapter 17 : The Hybrid King's Tribrid

CAROLINA HOPE

As I marched cautiously toward the compound after ditching the school,a sudden uneasy feel crept into me,putting my march into an abrupt stop just a few feet from the main entrance. For some reason,I could sensed a threatening aura looming at the vacant entrance of the massive house where two vampires should always be on guard. Clenching both of my hands tightly,I crept into the house despite the dire warning in the back of my mind to stay clear of whatever's going on inside.

The place was rather deserted. It's very usual since the compound never deserted,there's always Marcel's men being on guard and hovering around. My eyes roamed around but found nothing,no one.

"SPEAK!" A loud,harsh voice boomed from far back of the house nearly gave me a heart attack. On the second thought,the voice sounded a lot like father's. But I never heard such aggression in his voice before and it terrified me. When I crept nearer,making sure I'm stealth as I can so I would go unnoticed,I heard more of his threatening voice.

"Tell me right now and you'll have your life spared,Carlos. How many of these moonlight rings exists?"

A spat sound was heard distantly.

"I don't answer to you!" An unfamiliar voice growled. Suddenly,the unfamiliar voice shrieked and howled in pain,sending a numbing chills all across me.

"Answer him." A feminine voice demanded.

Aunt Davina!

She threatened, "You will answer the damn question before I tore every single bone out of your body,Carlos. Remember what I did to your lover. Do not test me. How many rings Cassie forged for the wolves?"

My forehead wrinkled in confusion as I slightly crouched behind the door,watching father stood,back facing me before a chained man in once neat suit that's now bloodied and almost tattered. Aunt Davina had stood not far from both men,arms across her chest with deadly serious face. Also there were Aunt Bex and Marcel,side by side looking fairly upset and angered.

"You might not recognized me since I'm fairly shielded by a spell but," I saw father sped in vampiric speed and caught the chained man by the throat,lurching him up in the air,choking the man. "I am just as bad as I used to be and I assure you I am more than capable to coerce your Guerrera tongue to tit a tale."

Even from the distance I was caught by surprised when father's free hand penetrated the man lower abdomen,crushing away the rib cage and remained still as he had his hand around the man's heart. And its eerie to see father smirked ecstatically as the man choked in his own blood,slightly struggling against the pain brought by father's hand wrapped around his heart.

The man choked out words sounded like 'A lot' repeatedly,admitting defeat to father.

"More specific please?" father acquired gleefully as he slightly tightened his hand in the man's chest.

"I...don't..." the man writhed slightly as his agony filled voice broke almost into teary. "...know. A lot. Please..."

"Well,that's not helpful." Aunt Bex commented as the honorable bystander. Father's smirk vanished.

"Actually Carlos,I don't mind how many of the rings forged because I will find them all and struck every soul that bears the rings and you won't be around to witness as I burn your family's name into a pile of ashes." I saw father's shoulder slowly tensed. "You and your Alpha harlot had put my daughter's life on the line. Your family might get away associating the murder of the mother,but when you dragged my daughter,my innocent daughter into this battle,you have hit the limit,Carlos Guerrera!"