capítulo diez

LA VERDAD SALE

The morning came faster than any of the fam had expected, Ruby was meeting with Spooky, Julianne was finally telling the guys she was pregnant, and Cesar had a plan to win Julianne back

The morning came faster than any of the fam had expected, Ruby was meeting with Spooky, Julianne was finally telling the guys she was pregnant, and Cesar had a plan to win Julianne back. Monse had no idea that Julianne was planning to share her news with the guys.

"When are you gonna tell them? It's starting to get pretty obvious Julianne. It's not just something you can hide forever." Monse reminded which sent chills down Julianne's spine. Julianne hadn't even forgiven Cesar yet. Telling the guys was only going to make things harder for her. And it sucked.

"I'm going to tell them Mon. It's just a lot easier said than done. This is going to change my relationship with Ruby and Cesar forever. I'm not ready for that! My life is going to change!" Julianne admitted,

Monse didn't think of how crazy Julianne's life would turn after announcing her pregnancy, she knew Ms. Deluna was coming home to visit today and discuss the pregnancy. The pressure on Julianne had to be astronomical. Her and Cesar were at odds and Monse wasn't sure when they'd get fix their relationship.

"I'm sorry, J. I'm not trying to rev up the pressure, I just think you'll feel a lot better with this weight off of your chest. I know how much you hate lying to anyone," Monse frowned, Julianne sighed. "I'm gonna go talk to Cesar for a sec. I have a doctor's appointment in an about week. Maybe he should have more involvement. My abuelo agreed with me that we should ease up on Cesar."

As Julianne approached the front door, where Cesar was walking toward the sidewalk, "What's up?" "I'm telling everyone I'm pregnant. I'm far enough along where I can tell people. I'm also going to tell them you're the father, I think you deserve another chance." Julianne whispered as she fixed her dress.

Cesar looked at the pregnant teen, wide-eyed. "I think it's great that you want to tell everyone and I appreciate the second chance I do but are you really ready to destroy the crew? Ruby's going to be devastated, shouldn't we let the news of you being pregnant sink in first? Then tell them I'm the father?"

"You're worried about Ruby's feelings now? You weren't worried about him when you knocked me up. You're simply using him as an excuse to put off your responsibility as a father." Julianne hissed. The Diaz boy looked at Julianne puzzled, how did she manage to spin what he had said into an argumentative point? "Did you receive a new set of pregnancy hormones within seconds?" Julianne looked at Cesar, her mouth gaping and a scoff escaping her lips. Julianne went to walk away but Cesar grabbed her hand.

Arguing was the last thing on Cesar's mind. He didn't want to argue with Julianne nor Ruby or anyone else. Hormonal Julianne was practically the antichrist when it came to arguing, she had no filter worse than usual. Cesar was genuinely worried about Ruby's reaction, and not for himself. For Julianne. Cesar didn't want Ruby saying or doing something to upset Julianne and he most definitely didn't want to ruin their friendship.

"Baby, I don't want to fight with you. You won't even let me explain," Cesar pleaded causing Julianne to roll her eyes."Your 'hormonal' pregnant girlfriend's heard enough," Cesar smiled at the fact she called herself his girlfriend but wasn't happy that they still hadn't come to an agreement with their baby.

Meanwhile Ruby was pacing back and forth down the Diaz's driveway. This meeting was going to be the death of him. Ruby wasn't ready at all and the anxiety began to take over. Ruby mumbled a prayer before heading to spooky. Cautiously and slightly frightened, Ruby looked around the backyard. "Acid?" "I can't. I can't. I can't." Ruby whispered walking back out toward the street.

Spooky looked at Ruby, "Sup, fool?" They sat down together, Spooky was calm while Ruby was in full on panic mode. "What's with the glitter?" Spooky examined Ruby's face which caused Ruby to sputter. "Late night at the club. You know how hynas be." Spooky laughed, knowing for a fact the young teen was completely lying. It entertained him to see Ruby so frazzled by just his presence.

"I feel you homie. Sometimes my ruca wears that same shit. She be rubbing all up on me. I can't get that crap out for days." "Women." Ruby shrugged while Spooky pulled out a package of cigarettes. "Smoke?"

"Tryna quit," Ruby replied wide-eyed. So far it was only semi terrifying for the Martinez boy. "Whatcha want to chop it up about?" Spooky asked The two males began to 'chop it up' about Cesar being in the Santos. While Ruby thought their meeting had gone rather well, Spooky didn't, Cesar was promoted. Which meant more responsibility in the gang and that wasn't good.

Cesar believed it wasn't going to end well, and he was right. But once and for all they'd have to leave it alone as they had promised. The fam was upset that Cesar was going to start running for the santos. "Compa, I love you for trying, but like I said, this deal is done. And I don't blame you. I blame Monse." Cesar explained. When the crew began to argue about who's to blame for Cesar's promotion, Julianne couldn't think of a better time to finally come clean to the guys.

"I'm pregnant!" Julianne announced, which caused all four people to bring their attention to her. Jamal looked thrilled, "Congrats! That explains the extra lbs you've been packing lately J. Who's the daddy?" Julianne gave Jamal a dirty look. Monse shook her head while Ruby was silent. "The baby's father is someone I spent time with over the summer." Julianne replied quickly,

Cesar looked at her completely dumbfounded, he told her not to tell Ruby he was the father yet. Hearing how she covered for him only made him feel extremely guilty for it. To people that didn't know them as well, it would seem as if Cesar was denying their baby which wasn't the case. He presumed Julianne and Ruby were feeling mixed emotions.

"You're keeping the baby?" Monse chimed in, trying to steer the conversation's focus off of Ruby. She didn't disclose who the father was because she's still in deep debate with Cesar whether or not he'll be involved. After the events that transpired a few nights before, Julianne was in fear of Cesar and their co-parenting relationship. Keeping the disclosure of Cesar's paternity of her baby would help.

"Yes, I'm keeping my baby." A weight felt like it had been lifted off of her chest, just like Monse had said. Finally telling the guys she was pregnant made her feel so much better. Ruby made the slightest eye contact with Julianne before walking away. "I'm gonna go check to see if he's good. But congrats J, you're gonna be an amazing mom." Jamal followed right after him. Julianne sighed while Monse wrapped her arms around the pregnant teen, "I think it was good that you told them, Jamal seems supportive and you know Cesar and I always will be. Ruby will come around. He just needs time." Monse smiled softly

Gently nodding her head Julianne said "You're right. He just needs time." Little did Julianne know, time doesn't heal all wounds.