capítulo cinco

NOVENTA Y NUEVE PROBLEMAS

Ruby was lying on his bed as his phone rang

Ruby was lying on his bed as his phone rang. It was Jamal. "So, what exactly was the context when Cesar said he 'hit it' with J?" Jamal questioned

The Martinez boy was already bothered by the fact Cesar would say something like that about Julianne, his own ex-girlfriend. But a part of Ruby began to believe it was true, why would he lie about something that would deliberately hurt him? There was no point. Ruby sighed, "He didn't say he 'hit it.' He said he 'smashed, really hard.' But who cares about context?"

"I care!" Julianne shrieked, "She has a good reason to care! How dare Cesar say that about her!" Monse agreed, Ruby's eyes nearly popped out of his sockets. "Dude, you can't keep one secret!"

Julianne scoffed. How could he keep such a secret from her about her?! She hung up the phone pissed off. "Those girls were blackmailing me." Jamal explained, "They're evil." Ruby whispered, "I can't do this right now." "Why are you whispering?" Monse asked, "Where are you?" "Hell." Ruby replied "Look, I'm dealing with some jacked up, cracked up B.S. at home, and I got to work it out before school starts. So, this Cesar sitch, it just ain't a top priority."

Monse sighed. "Can we just meet up tomorrow? I'll convince Julianne to come. Even though she's mad pissed." "Can't." said Jamal, "Got one last shift at my dad's joint before summer's over." If Ruby could reach through the phone and drag Jamal he would. He didn't want to be alone with those angry women by himself. Especially since it was Cesar's fault.

"Dude, there's no way I'm facing the Inquisition all by myself. Julianne is a scary person when pissed off." Monse scoffed annoyed by the guys. No wonder Julianne hung up. "Geez. Can't we just meet at the joint at 5:00 and chop it up?" Monse suggested "Fine." They all hung up.

The next day was upon them rather quickly, and Monse manages to get Julianne to show up. Monse began feverishly typing away on her phone. "That's my eleventh text. Ruby's almost two hours late." Julianne scoffed as she devoured the second bag of potato chips. Jamal was busy serving up some food as the girls began to become restless.

"Chill. He said he'll be here, so he'll be here. Trust me." Jamal replied Monse looked up from the phone. "Said the guy who's pretending to play football?"

"Maybe my pop's won't notice." Jamal looked at Monse. "Uh, somehow I don't think that's possible." Monse said, "Are you eating again?" "I'm hungry," Julianne replied as she pointed up to all the football pictures in the joint and laughed. She tossed her bag into the bin and grabbed a sandwich. Jamal began to panic. "Where the hell is Ruby?"

Meanwhile, Ruby is still at his house. His Abuelita is forcing him to be the model while she designs quinceañera dresses.

"Cinco minutos más, mijo." Abuelita reminded. Ruby rolled his eyes. "Abuelita, I have to go!" Abuelita ultimately ignored her grandson's words. And kept repeating, "Cinco minutos más, mijo." Ruby felt ridiculous in that large hot pink gown.