capítulo trece

TRECE RAZONES POR LAS QUE

Jamal and Ruby bicycled full speed passing Monse, Cesar, and Julianne

Jamal and Ruby bicycled full speed passing Monse, Cesar, and Julianne. Cesar gripped Julianne's waist kissing her lips softly. Monse happily gaped watching them interact, she was proud that her mediation and constructive words helped them figure out their problems.

Many moments were shared between the expecting couple, like one day at Ruby's house in the kitchen making tamales. Cesar felt Julianne's hand brush against his which caused him to hold her hand. Ruby still hadn't spoken to her, which was getting to Julianne more and more as time went on.

Cesar was casually walking down the school hallway when Julianne dragged him into a closet. Making out was all the couple had been doing, they'd had sex a few times after getting along again. They didn't enjoy it whatsoever, pregnant sex was extremely uncomfortable. But any kind of contact with Julianne made him happy.

Julianne sat on Cesar's lap and they began to make out, Cesar was enjoying every moment gripping her ass. They were interrupted by the bell ringing. "That's my cue. Got to roll." Julianne mumbled suppressing a moan as Cesar's lips were against her neck but pulled away. "Just a few more minutes," Cesar begged grabbing her hips pulling her closer.

Slowly Cesar released his grip on Julianne, not by choice. "I have a chem quiz." Julianne reminded as Cesar tied her dress back up. "How about later? Fifth period?" Cesar shook his head, then asked "Can't miss trig. Sixth?" Julianne shrugged, "I could sneak out for ten minutes." Julianne hastily put on her white cardigan. Cesar pressed a kiss to Julianne's baby bump and looked up at her. "Hey baby, so, tonight, will you dance with me?"

Julianne didn't necessarily understand what Cesar was referring to when he asked if she'd dance with him."Of course. I'll dance with you. And Monse and Jamal... like always." Julianne said as she fixed her lipstick. "How about just me?" Cesar suggested awaiting his pregnant girlfriend's response, her hormones had seemingly been kind to him in the last few weeks. He was anxious about what he could say to her, any little thing could set Julianne off.

"Like a slow dance?" Julianne gaped looking at him slightly confused. Cesar shook his head no, "No, no, Hm-mmm. Not like a slow dance. A slow dance, baby." Julianne stopped applying her lipstick, was he serious? They were trying to avoid telling Ruby that he was the dad of their baby girl. Plus, people are barely getting over the rumors of them having sex thanks to Cesar's big mouth. Chuckling Julianne replied, "No, no slow dancing babe." Cesar furrowed his brows, "Why?"

"Because we've never done it before. Plus Ruby doesn't know you're the father of the baby yet and he still hasn't spoken to me. So there's that." Julianne explained causing Cesar to smirk. "So? We've been doing a lot of things we've never done before." When Cesar looked down at her body Julianne rolled her eyes. "Don't joke about your daughter like that. Secret couples don't slow dance. Especially after having dodged rumors they've smashed and now that baby daddy rumors are circling."

Julianne reached down for her backpack, practically ending the discussion. Cesar wasn't willing to give up so easily. "Oh, come on, baby, it's just a dance." Julianne shook her head. "Slow dances aren't just dances. They're statements. Let's just talk later, please? Sixth period?"

Cesar nodded, "Sure. We can talk... about how slow we're gonna dance because it's going down." Before Julianne could argue with her boyfriend he kissed her and rushed out the door. He didn't forget to look at her one last time giving her his signature smirk,

Ruby, Jamal, and Cesar were in line for the lunches as they looked around at the students, "Have you talked to Julianne since she dropped her baby bomb on us?" Jamal questioned, the topic of Julianne's pregnancy didn't only make Ruby uncomfortable. Cesar felt weird not being able to say that it was his baby. "No. I feel like I should, it isn't like she intentionally got knocked up to hurt me. She would have told us earlier if she wasn't worried about my feelings." Cesar was taken aback by Ruby's sudden change of heart, he'd been ignoring Julianne for almost a month now.

Meanwhile with Monse and Julianne, "Is he serious, you two just got on good terms again? You're supposed to be laying low, agreeing to disagree, a united front! You're pregnant anyway why would you want to go to this sweaty sex fest?" Julianne didn't think of it that way, maybe Monse had a point. That wasn't a place for a pregnant girl, but she didn't want to miss out on the high school experience because of her baby.

The guys didn't necessarily see what Monse saw when it came to high school dances. "Julianne is a prime example of why you gotta have protection on the ready. You never know when it's going to happen." Cesar rolled his eyes, it was extremely annoying to him how Julianne and his baby were the 'prime example' of what not to do. She didn't deserve that wrap just because she had sex, it wasn't fair that she was the one who held all the blame just because she's pregnant. Cesar was the one who got her pregnant in the first place, he agreed that he was fifty percent to blame as was Julianne. It was a shared thing. Instead of stewing in his anger Cesar changed the subject. "You really think a slow dance can redefine a relationship?"

"Where have you been?" Jamal asked, "Dances aren't about dancing. They're about making statements. Positive statements." Ruby explained to Cesar which caused him to understand why Julianne was so freaked by his question. Monse did her best to talk Julianne out of wanting to go to the dance, while Ruby and Jamal convinced Cesar that a girl would fall in love with him at the dance. The guys were out of the loop more than they'd ever think, Julianne was the only person Cesar imagined wanting to make a statement with.

The entire fam met together at their typical lunch table. The awkward silence was killing them, the guys were overjoyed while the girls were bothered and not in the way the guys would want them to be. "I'm wearing indigo tonight," Ruby announced, which caused Julianne and Monse to give him a confused glare. "I thought we should claim colors to avoid outfit clashes. Indigo? Any objections?" Ruby explained. "Oh, and my pants have red pockets. I know, it sounds weird, but it works." Practically ignoring the Martinez boy altogether, Cesar asked the crew. "So, what time should we meet?"

Jamal was more than happy to decide a time to go, "Yeah, let's get that in the books. The more specific, the better. What are you guys thinking, like 8:00? 8:05? 8:10?" Julianne shrugged, "I'm gonna play it by ear. I'm not really feeling it." Jamal smiled at Julianne before asking. "Is this a pregnancy thing, being indecisive?" Julianne looked at him while the rest of the crew got quiet, "Yes actually it is. Is there a problem with my indecisiveness?"

Monse sighed while Jamal scrambled to fix the problem he caused. "No! We just don't want you to miss the first dance." Cesar was staring directly at Julianne bewilderment etched onto his face. "Why don't you wanna go, J? You were pretty excited this morning." Julianne rolled her eyes. "I'm pregnant and I don't think I should be at a sweaty dance simple as that."

"Give her a break Cesar. Maybe she doesn't want to be sexually objectified while pregnant. Dances are cesspools of bad behavior. I don't wanna go." Monse retorted "So, take out any question that we're going tonight. The answer is no." Julianne announced taking a bite out of her apple. Monse smiled at her best friend, "J, let's go dine in a less hostile environment. This energy isn't good for the baby."

Julianne nodded, "You read my mind." The two girls left the table with their trays leaving the guys completely and utterly confused. "What just happened?" Ruby asked bewildered. The boys all exchanged confused glances but didn't know how to answer Ruby's understandable question.