capítulo once

LO SIENTO

Word had traveled quickly that Julianne Deluna was fifteen and pregnant

Word had traveled quickly that Julianne Deluna was fifteen and pregnant. Luckily in Freeridge, it wasn't something so uncommon that she was going to be bullied for it her entire pregnancy, the rest of the school day was calm. Except Ruby didn't speak nor look her way even once. The crew besides Julianne and Cesar went to Ruby's house. Julianne was originally invited to family dinner but vetoed the idea after announcing her pregnancy, Ruby needed time and space most likely and she was going to give it to him. Cesar was still feeling guilty and decided to lie about 'Santo' business and hung out with Julianne.

"How have you been feeling lately? I know you were sick for a while." Cesar asked Julianne, changed into some comfortable spandex shorts and a V-neck T-shirt which accentuated her belly a lot. The flowing dresses covered up her round belly extremely well. "The nausea has lessened now that I'm in my second trimester. I feel swollen everywhere in sight but much better than before." Julianne smiled, the second trimester? How far along was Julianne? He hadn't even known she was done with her first trimester.

As if Julianne had read his mind, "I'm fourteen weeks along. Next week is my appointment at the doctor, I wanted to know if you would come." Cesar gently rested his hand on her round tummy, as she laid down close beside him. "I would love to go," Cesar smiled widely. "It's crazy how much time has passed."

While Cesar and Julianne had come to terms with her pregnancy; Ruby was still reeling from the unexpected news. "I can't believe she's actually pregnant. This explains why she's been so distant lately, but no! After the Cesar sitch we began to connect again, then she told us she was pregnant." Ruby sighed drinking some Gatorade,

Monse frowned, Ruby had mentioned to her before that he felt a bond being remade with Julianne, and how much he missed her. It was sad to know he probably wouldn't admit his feelings since she was pregnant with another guy's baby. "It sucks, I'm sorry Rubs." Monse hugged him, "I want to be happy for her but then I wish it never happened or I wish it were my baby. Which would be crazy. I can't help but think if I didn't break up with her this wouldn't have ever happened, she's been pregnant since the start of summer." Ruby admitted,

Jamal looked at Ruby shocked. "Hey! You and Julianne are like Bey and Jay, Cardi and Offset, Kim and Kanye, Barack and Michelle. That's to name a few. Sometimes power couples take a break, they can't always be powerful. But they find their way back to each other."

Ruby gave Jamal a small smile, maybe he was right. Many couples break up and makeup, sometimes the timing just doesn't make sense which was some of the blame of why they split. They're still super young with a life to live. Julianne wasn't going to be able to have a normal young life, she was going to be focused on her baby. While Ruby was going to still be probably in shock.

Glancing out at his room, made him think of his brother, Mario, he'd know exactly what to say to make Ruby feel better. This wasn't an easy situation, it sucked for Ruby and it sucked for Julianne. All Ruby could hear was "I'm going to have my baby." The emphasis on my broke his heart. Was she going to raise her baby alone? "Who is her baby daddy anyway?" Ruby pondered out loud. Jamal shrugged while Monse took a rather large sip of her Gatorade avoiding Ruby's question entirely. She didn't want him to know she knew, this love triangle wasn't any of her business.

Meanwhile, Cesar and Julianne weren't handling their business very well. They'd been so rocky lately and didn't know how to handle it. They were either fighting or happy no in between. "You seriously want me to go tell Ruby that you're the father now? No! I'm done with this back and forth bullshit Cesar. Either you're in or you're out. I'm doing this shit with you for eighteen years." Julianne hissed,

Cesar knew she was hormonal and didn't really mean the things she was saying. But after constantly being belittled as a father he couldn't take it anymore. "I've been begging you to be involved with my own fucking child when technically it isn't even your fucking choice. I know I said I didn't want to be involved in the beginning and I'm sorry about that. But I am here and I'm staying whether you like it or not!" Cesar retorted finally feeling some relief. "If we have to have a relationship like this for the next eighteen years so be it."

Julianne scoffed looking at him angrily. "I don't think we're going to have a relationship. I don't see how we could. All we do is fight!" Cesar glanced at his girlfriend, ready to call her bluff. "Julianne you're being hormonally fucking crazy. You're breaking up with me?" Julianne stood her ground, "Yes."

Cesar didn't want to fight with Julianne any longer, he decided it was best to head out the window to his house. Being neighbors with his now ex girlfriend was a blessing and a curse all at the same time, if they wanted to sneak around it was easy. If they were in the middle of a huge fight like they were now, looking out their window wasn't pleasant. As Cesar trudged over to his house angrily, he saw a cab pull up in front of  Julianne's house. It was her mother, Ms. Alondra Deluna.

"¿Julianne? ¿Dónde estás mija?" Julianne's madre called out loudly, Julianne practically crashed into her madre as she engulfed her into her closest embrace she could not letting her baby bump get in the way. Alondra smiled, "¿Cómo está mi nieta?" Rolling her eyes Julianne replied, "El bebé está bien, no conocemos el género mamá." Alondra Deluna was convinced the baby was a girl since the 'Deluna women only have girls' myth was on its fourteenth generation. "Estoy bromeando, Bromeo!" Alondra laughed loudly pressing a kiss to Julianne's forehead.