Chapter 25: Promise

After the guys left Kylie and I finished all four police academy's and parted ways for the night.

We'd finished dinner and Ryder and I were sitting on our couch on the fifth floor.

I was sitting beside him when his hands went around my waist. Soon I was lifted up and pulled onto his lap with my legs on either side of his waist and our faces about level.

"You promised." his voice was husky and there was lust glinting in his light eyes.

Smirking at him I turned my head to the side. "And what exactly did I promise?" I wondered.

His chest rumbled darkly. One of his hands pressed my lower back to him and the other moved to my neck, turning my head to look into his golden eyes. "Hey Damon." I greeted playfully.

Damon smirked at me. His fingers brushed my cheek before playing with a stray piece of hair. "It seems someone's been misbehaving." He taunted.

Feeling a bit self conscious and nervous I squirmed a bit in his grasp. Damon's eyes lightened and he held me tighter. "Don't do that." he warned and I froze.

Damon stared at me a moment and sighed. He pulled me back to his side but kept his arms around me. I'm not sure why he did that but I could tell he was disappointed.

Without hesitation I moved so I had my knees on either side of Damon's hips and locked my arms around his neck. Looking down at his surprised face made me laugh.

Recovered from the initial shock, Damon's hands came up to my back, bringing us impossibly closer as I dropped my lips down to his.

The moment our lips connected, I was no longer the dominant one.

Damon waisted no time in lifting me up, only to lay me back down on the couch, one arm holding him up, the other wrapping my legs around his waist.

We were deep into the kiss when we finally came up for air. Damon, who was still in control, rolled so we lay on our sides facing each other on the couch.

"Damon." I brushed his hair back letting my finger tips brush his lips.

His hand captured mine and he gently held my finger tips above his lips where he kissed them softly.

"Love, you don't know how happy you make us." he whispered to me. "The fact that you call me not by Ryder's name but my own makes me love you even more." His voice was gentle and true.

Leaning over I only brushed my lips over his before responding. "This body, and the two with in it are mine and I will continue to fall for them more and more every day." Damon pulled me closer, kissing the top of my head before simply holding me gently.

I fell asleep there in his arms, listening to the steady beat of his heart.