Chapter 22: Taking it easy

No one asked me anymore questions after that and the info spread through the pack like a wild fire. I didn't like the attention, but got over it.

Ryder was being released from the hospital and he was very impatient to get out of there.

"Alpha you need to take it easy for the next few days and" Doc Wen was being completely ignored.

I looked over at him. "No matter what you say he's been too confined. I'll make sure he doesn't kill himself." I promised.

Ryder grabbed my hand and we were out the door. Going straight to the fifth floor he jumped in the shower.

Sitting on our bed I watched him walk out in a pair of jeans with a towel over his head.

Water dripped from his hair down his chest and stomach muscles. Well aware I was staring I watched him smirk with a calm face. "Enjoying the view?" he teased.

My voice was calm throwing him off a bit. "Yes I am." I informed and his eyebrows shot up at my bluntness. "Is that a problem?" I wondered.

Ryder threw his towel over the door, walking over to me. "Not at all." he spoke in a husky voice. Placing his hands on either side of me our faces hovered side by side.

His damp hair brushes my shoulder and his breath was warm on my neck. "You know what I missed most in the hospital?" I took a sharp breath and he gave a small chuckle.

His arms circled me in one quick motion, lifting me from the bed to his chest.

Our lips collided and his one hand moved under my butt as the other pulled my legs around his waist. My back was pressed up against the wall and he deepened the kiss.

My arms tightened around his neck, tugging the hair on the back of his neck. He moaned softly onto my lips before attacking them even more hungrily.

Regretfully coming up for air he continued to kiss my jaw down my neck to my mark.

His canines extended and I pulled his hair tight as he pierced my flesh again.

He kissed the wound before capturing my lips again. The wall faded from my back and soon was replaced by our bed. His arms supported his weight on either side of me.

Unable to resist my hands moved down to his chest. It was warm and firm, rippling under my touch. My hands traced his muscles and it was bliss.

My arms wrapped around his torso, pulling him closer and making my shirt damp from his shower.

My body was on fire. In Ryder's arms I felt a sense if security, invincibility even, that I had never felt before.

This time Ryder pulled away. His fingertips brushed my stomach, pushing up the bottom of my shirt. It felt so good but the though of him seeing my scars scared me even more.

Sitting up, I grabbed his hands instead. Ryder understood, pulling me under his chin, into his arms.

"Red?" he wondered. I made a 'hmm?' noise and he continued. "We should go on a date." Huh? I gave a small laugh and nodded.

"One of those awkward human conventions where both parties are to nervous to think clearly?" I mused.

Ryder nodded with a smirk. "Yeah something like that."

I smirked back at him. "Alright. It's a date." We just laughed.

Soon Ryder's eyes fogged over and he groaned. A frown tugged my lips. "Hey what's wrong?" I asked, brushing his cheek with the back side of my fingers.

His eyes cleared and he looked down at me. "Nothing love. Alec's just bugging me about paper work." he grumbled and I laughed at his childish behavior. "Any chance you'd join me?" he wondered.

I rose an eyebrow at him but nodded. "I'd be up for that." He grinned moving his arm around my waist.

Ryder lead me to the first floor, down a hall I had yet to explore. at the end was a large wooden door. Inside was beautiful.

There were no windows, rather all the wall space was covered by walls of book. Parallel to the far wall was a large desk with a laptop to one side and a large chair.

There were two chairs in front of the desk and a sofa to the left. On the desk though there was a decent stack of folders.

Ryder sat with his back to the arm of the couch, his legs stretched across it's length. I was pulled onto his lap, resting my back against his chest as he worked his way through the files.

Turns out I really like this room. It's cozy and a world away from reality.

"Ryder?" he hmmed and I continued. "Can I go visit Alpha Gale and everyone tomorrow?" His pen stopped moving and I held my breath.

He set down his files and his hands moved to my waist, turning me to face him, his face was impassive. "I don't like you visiting such men without me." he spoke sternly.

Releasing my breath I leaned my shoulder into his chest, my fore head against his neck. "I thought that's why you marked me." I dared.

His wolf didn't like that. I looked up into golden eyes. "Red those are unmated males that have a preexisting interest in you. How can you expect me to be okay with that?" he demanded.

I clasped my hands behind his neck. "The same way that I have conveniently gotten over the way unmated she wolves gaze at you longingly and the way Natalie just seems to appear where ever you are, especially when I'm not around." Damon looked at me with a mix of approval and surprise.

Laughing I whispered in his ear. "I can get jealous too you know."

Damon's arms moved around me but he pulled back just enough to look down at me. "I'd like to see that." He remarked and I laughed. "Something tells me jealously would be hot on you." He whispered against my hair.

Smacking his chest playfully I leaned back into him. "Nice try but I still want to go." He muttered obscenities under his breath and I picked his file back up. Flipping through absently I waited for him to say something and when he didn't I did. "Ryder told me I could. Now either you two can agree and I'll bring someone from the pack with me or you can yell and scream and say no and I'll still sneak out and go . . . alone." He growled at me angrily but I knew he believed me. "You're choice." I told him with a peppy voice.

"I'm not happy about this." He growled in my ear and I smiled down at the papers. I win.

Turning my head to look back up at him I nodded. "I know." Leaning down I set the files back on the ground and turned so I was facing him, slightly taller on my knees. "Damon I told you there's a difference between being my friend" I kissed his forehead "and my man." Pecking his lips he growled approval.

"Say it again." He demanded in a husky voice.

Smirking I kissed him again. "You are my one and only man." He pulled me flush against his chest. Our lips locked in a long, demanding kiss before Ryder took back control and we finished his paperwork.

"It's so good to be back." He mumbled to himself and I smirked. Yeah, it's good to have him back.