Chapter 11: Domestic Dispute

A/N
Hey! sorry it's late. It's my cousin's 21st BDay and we've been having a blast! enjoy!

*******

When I woke up Ryder was gone. There was a note in his place reading

"Red,
I had early patrol. Jake, Henry and Jeff will be waiting for you to go get your things. I'll see you after lunch love.
Ryder"

I rolled my eyes and got ready.

Walking down in the sweatshirt and jeans I heard voices and stopped.

"Why am I on babysitting duty?" One dude whined.

"It's a honor to protect our Luna." An older more serious voice reminded him.

"Protect her from what? She's the hunter? Have you even met her?"

Rolling my eyes I walked down the stairs. "If it bothers you that much then stay." I offered looking over at the three men in the foyer who regarded me with surprise. "I'm a big girl, boys. I can take care of myself." I assured walking past them to the front door.

The younger guy sighed. "Can't. Alpha's orders. The bastard." He spoke rubbing the back of his neck.

The other two growled at him but he silenced them. So that's it. "You must be the third." I regarded and he nodded with narrowed eyes. I put my hand, no longer wrapped, out to him. "Red."

He shook my hand reluctantly. "Jake." I could tell he was wary of me.

I looked back at the other two men and smiled, shaking their hands. "You must be Henry and Jeff." They grinned at me sloppily. "Well if you feel the need you're welcome to tag along." I offered on my way out the door.

Naturally they all followed. We made small talk most of the way there and by we I mean Henry, Jeff and I. Jake was still grumpy.

When we walked into my apartment I sighed, content. "Well it ain't much, but it is home." I told them walking in. Sheets were stacked on the sofa neatly.

"Company?" Jake wondered dryly.

"More like penniless and senseless roommates, but yes." I crossed my arms at his expression. "They had no where else to go and I don't plan for visitors." I concluded.

Walking in my room I grabbed my towel. "Make yourselves at home in the mean time. I won't take too long." With that I climbed into my wonderful shower.

Dressed in a pair of tight leather riding pants, a black cuddle dud (black undershirt) my leather vest and black riding gloves my curves were once again visible.

I filled my black duffle with clothes and necessities and walked out. Jake's jaw hit the floor but I ignored him. Sitting at my desk my phone began to buzz as I checked my email.

"Red Babe you won't believe it!" Leo shouted through the line. The guys sat up taller hearing his voice but I ignored them. "So I caught Marsha trying to steal from the storage! That bitch is finally gone!" I rolled my eyes at him, scanning my email.

"She tried to steal from me? See Leo this is why you are so vital." I praised.

Growling came behind me. God these people have problems. Waving them off with out looking up, I skimmed another email. "Oh I know. What would you do with out me? By the way in your email is an offer for one of the companies that looked pretty good. You might want to look into that." I smiled.

"You're right. I'm reading it now. Set up a meeting for me?"

He paused. "What do you say?" Gosh he is such a kid.

"You're the best Leo!"

He chuckled over the line. "I was looking for a 'please' but that answer is also accepted." Haha. Always works.

I was about to ask about him about the new intern when my front door slammed into the wall. Looking up Ryder stood huffing and puffing with glowing eyes.

The bang must have reached my phone because Leo freaked out. "Red!? Red babe are you alright??what was that?" Ryder stalked towards me as his wolf took over.

"Leo I'll call you back." He screamed at me not to hang up but I did.

Ryder grabbed my phone which was still in my left hand and yanked it right in attempt to get it free.

One of my fingers was still caught in it and I felt myself slam into my desk just before my head shattered glass. Shit. My head broke my computer.

He pulled the phone forward and I stumbled forward. Grabbing my wrist with my other hand I pulled my hand free of his grip and cringed. Glass littered the floor as it fell from my hair. Looking up his eyes began to return to normal and horror struck his features.

Then the other three leapt into action separating us. "Are you alright? " Jeff asked wide eyed.

I nodded and Ryder began to growl. "Get him out of here." The three looked back at me. "Do it now! This is neutral ground!" The three fought to subdue him.

"What about you?" Henry called worriedly.

"I'll be fine!" I told them, holding my head. "Just get him home!" With that the three dragged him out of my apartment.

Picking up my dropped phone with a shaky hand I moved into my room. My room had tinted windows and everything was reinforced. Even an alpha couldn't force his way in here.

Closing the door I fought to get the beams in place but was finally successful.

Pain stung my chest and head. My fingers felt up my right side and winced. At least two broken ribs. Sitting at my desk I grabbed a cloth and slid out of my shirts. After wrapping my ribs I cleaned the glass out of my head and washed the wound, before putting my clothes back on.

Sitting on the ground, I leaned against my door and called Leo. "Red oh my god are you alright? Babe what was that?"

With a heavy voice I responded. "Fine. Domestic dispute is all." He wasn't convinced.

"Red you sound awful. Let me get you a doctor or something." He is so sweet.

"I'm really fine Leo. I'm going to take a nap. I'll look over the offer and get back to you tomorrow." He finally agreed and hung up. Time moved without my notice.