Chapter 7

Severus pursed his lips looking at the diagram inside the book that he'd been able to retrieve. The device inside of Granger was called a Duel Dragon, he'd not only have to find the second half, but also the ring that controlled it if there was any chance of removing the device from her person. He had an idea of where to start but he couldn't very well go blasting his way through all Voldemort's snatcher camps without raising immediate suspicion. He needed to tread lightly.

Albus had not only been able to provide him with the text but also a safe way to move her to Hogwarts as well. It was a rather rare piece of magic but it would be invaluable in keeping his and her heads on their respective shoulders.

A suitcase, with an entire world hidden away inside, it would make a perfect hiding place. He'd already explored its insides. It was massive but was easily bendable to his needs. He would make great use of it in the future. He could virtually hide her in plain sight.

He was just about to return to his home when his arm seared to life. He cursed the fates that always seemed to be on the opposite end of his goals and quickly shrunk both the suitcase—something he couldn't do with a living thing inside—and the book putting them quickly into his jacket.

"Take care of her Severus."

The dark haired man gave a piercing sneer towards the portrait before disappearing in black smoke. He would take of her and he was going to make sure this war was won without any more casualties on his hands. Whether Albus approved of his methods or not.

oOo

"Ah Severus, I want to introduce you to your new teachers."

The Carrow twins grinned darkly before inclining their heads in mock respect. Severus, of course, knew of them and their... particular teaching methods. Even from where he stood he could see the lust for blood gleaming in the corner of their eyes.

"They will be settling into their new quarters tomorrow. I trust you have everything accounted for?" Voldemort's voice was low, with an unearthly calm that preceded many a violent outburst. His warning was clear.

"I shall do everything in my power to make sure they are taken care of, My Lord." Severus lowered his head but watched the madman rise to his feet to come around the small table between them.

"My victory shall be swift, let us hope that you have made all the right choices." The snake-like man hissed deeply, "Do enjoy yourselves tonight. For tomorrow the real work begins." Voldemort made his way past, dismissing them all with his absence.

Severus felt his blood run cold at the underhanded warning. He swallowed down his fear, keeping his unease from showing. Instead, he turned his eyes to the twins, "I shall meet you at the front gates, tomorrow afternoon."

He didn't wait for their reply, turning sharply on his heel to see himself out of Malfoy Manor. His back was so tight he was sure he could bounce a sickle off the muscle but he pushed it aside for more pressing matters.

Three quick steps out of the front doors and he was gone. His stomach turning. There was still so much to do. So little time. He'd been away far longer than he had planned. He just hoped that the girl had managed well enough on her own. Though a niggling feeling in the back of his mind told him otherwise.

oOo

Wormtail groaned loudly, his hand curled tight in the girl's cut locks. Her release still painted his tongue and his body ached to have her properly. He wasn't sure if he could risk it, not until she was back with him. Still, the other half of the Dual Dragon was meant to go to the head of the snatchers. He wouldn't be able to feel her until he delivered on his promise.