Resigning and admitting

Obsessed with making that silver medal, a gold medal, the boys began to train nonstop while continuing to do their other activities. They could not stop looking at the medal and think about what they could do to make it better next time: they went from practicing 4 times a week for two hours, to 4 hours six times a week. As if that were not enough, they went to see the skills of the novice, junior and senior levels. In addition, during the school holidays, they participated in all kinds of masterclass and intensive skating camps. All to improve your level and obtain a gold medal. Exiting seconds or third parties was not an option for them, until they won, they were not going to stop.

As soon as the classes started, the boys began to prepare their new routines to compete in the Novice category, since they were already 10 and 12 years old and Patrick did not qualify to continue as a child. When upgrading, the requirements and difficulties of their routines should increase, therefore, they had to learn to do new exercises and create more steps, since the routines should last longer. At the same time, it was an elite category, important to define the race of the participants, a category where the possibility of being professionals of the sport is put to the test, who continue in skating and who do not.

They did not perceive how important this level was, they only thought of continuing competing to get the gold, and then continue skating together without pressure to dedicate themselves to what they like to do: dancing and playing hockey, according to them, but the reality is that they were not sure, for the first time in their life they experienced the greatest doubt and uncertainty that a person can have. Convinced since childhood that dance and hockey was theirs, they began to think about a second possibility: skating, although in a certain way they did not want to assume it, because both had talent to dedicate themselves to their favorite activities and had opportunities to be professionals in the field. his, so they did not want to discard these chances, and at the moment, they did not feel safe with respect to skating, the only thing they were convinced of is being part of the other's life, if either of them had to resign from his friend, then it meant giving up on that.

Jane had already been part of a play, won several national dance championships, participated in a video clip, and was shortly to be able to audition at the National School of Classical Dance. Patrick became the owner of his city team, won the state tournament and had been called to try on the inferiors of his favorite team. In short, their secure future was there, at their fingertips, they are talented and dedicated to their own, they could be what they wanted, what they wanted, but still they did not know what to do with their lives, they could not form an idea in his mind about a future in skating, because they did not see this as an alternative to life or as something to dedicate themselves to, they only thought about the present and winning that championship to fulfill their objectives, their disagreement with the results of the previous tournament. He wanted to outdo himself, they wanted to show that they can be better than they are. They really focused on it and proved to be quite mature for their age, together they empowered themselves and did incredible things, they had a lot to learn, but also a lot to teach.

Their connection was getting stronger, they did not perceive it, they did not realize it, but at the moment they went out to the track to do the first of the three regulations, the intensity of their gazes and the strength of their steps, transported them to a parallel universe where everything is magical and incredible. It was a sublime moment, which will be part of the most valuable memories for them. After a long time of training for that moment, enjoyed more and more, and for the third routine the enjoyment was such that their parents noticed how well they were going, the audience present also perceived it, although they wanted to disguise all they noticed. By the time the total score is given, the boys are really surprised, because they felt they had been fine, but not enough to have such high marks. While they had good technique, there were couples who excelled in that part, but anyway their connection mended that aspect, the scores of the artistic part were the highest of all and managed to win with a few points of difference above the others . When they realized they were champions, they melted into a long hug and could not help but smile and look at each other, somehow they were realizing how important this level is, how significant it is and how important that medal could be. Being in his life, although they were still in doubt, some time later they would realize that skating can be another alternative for which to continue fighting.