Anytime You Need A Friend

"Hey babe", Nash said sitting down next to me at the empty lunch table. It had been a week since the incident at the beach house and i guess more importantly, Nash asking me out. I was still sad over Cameron though. Every time we walked past each other his face Would go blank, or he would murmur something that I knew was foul, but couldn't hear. Cameron and Nash stopped speaking also, and I know that must've hurt Nash, but he insisted.

"Britney?", Nash asked again.

"Oh hey Nash, what's going on?"

"Are you okay. You seem a little off today"

"Oh, it's nothing. Just tired.", I didn't wanna tell him that I hadn't eaten in a week or that I was still crying over Cameron every night, It had been a week without any outside drama, and it felt pretty good. I didn't wanna start anything back up. "So.... Movies, Friday? 8 o'clock?", he asked. "Yeah. Sure", I said. i was so out of it and drowsy, it was crazy, but I loved the way it made me feel.

"Hey Nashy. What are you doing Friday night.", Keisha said walking over and sitting on his lap. She was so annoying, she knew we were dating, but she just couldn't respect that could she. I wanted to yell at her to get off my boyfriend, but I didn't wanna start anything I knew I couldn't finish. "Im taking my... Girlfriend Britney here to the movies.", he replied making her stand up. "Ohhh boo you whore, we're having a surprise Birthday party for Acacia and we'd love for you two to come, and yes you too Britney. We've talked long and hard over this and Acacia decided that she really wants you there", Keisha said. "No thanks", I said wih a fake smirk. "Ugh", she replied turning back to Nash. "Please Nashyyyyy, we all really miss hanging out with you and you two can go to the movies anytime, plus theres nothing coming out this weekend", she added. Nash looked at me for redemption. I knew he missed his other friends; he's been hanging out with me all week, and I'm not exactly the fun one. "Whatever. Ok", I said. "YAYYYY", Keisha yelled jumping up and down, and clapping. "Ok you guys, Friday night at 8:30, you know where Acacia lives, and dress casual." She headed back over to her table.

"If you don't wanna go we don't have to", Nash said to me. I knew I couldn't keep him from having fun, "No. I wanna go, I think I need to get out to the house and have some fun", I lied. "What's the worse that could happen."

"Ugh, you're so great, I love you so much", Nash said standing up and kissing me on the lips. "I gotta get to class, walk you home? See you in a little while", he said grabbing his bag and running out the lunchroom. He actually loved me... Someone actually loved ME. Wow