ShadAmy Chapter 12- Taking off & Crashing

"Is it right?" Amy thought to herself as she paced the floor, "So early in the relation ship and already thinking about..." She blushed and shook her head, and bit the tip of her thumb.

'knock knock' "Amy?" Shadow's knock and call broke her thoughts.

She glanced at the clock and then at the door, "Coming!"

Just, don't think about it. She thought to herself as she grabbed her purse and opened the door to the dark hedgehog. She put on a smile as their eyes met.

"Hi Shadow!" She ran into his arms snuggling into his chest.
"Oh heh, hi." He smiled hugging her while a purr rumbled from his chest. She giggled pulling away and gripped his hand.

"Ready to walk!" She held her head up high.
"Great." Shadow watched her the first few steps away from her house.

They strolled around the city, Amy pointed out places where she remembered having fun with her friends, and stores she wanted to go shopping in sometime. Shadow didn't have much to say, but he listened to her and was just as happy as long as their hands were together, their fingers locked together as they walked in-sync with each others steps.

"Oh, you sounded so tired yesterday." Amy said, "How was your night? Hope you slept okay."
"I slept fine. I don't get tired often." He said.
"Why not?"
"One of my many disorders." He grumbled putting his ears back.
She giggled, "Aw well, no one is perfect silly."
"I guess." he smiled looking down at her, "But your as close as it gets."
She laughed, "No I'm not!"
"Oh come on don't deny, you know it's true! Which is why you can't stop smiling." He smirked.
"No!" She tried to keep a straight face but her smile only became bigger.

"And, how was your night?" Shadow asked as he led her into a restaurant to have lunch.
"Oh, it was... fine." She said remembering the dream that had been bugging her this morning. It wasn't bad. In fact it was the best dream she ever had. But she wasn't sure it was quite right to have such a dream, acting out in such deep passion so soon in the relation ship she had with him. But details flooded her mind and made her blush.

"Fine? Your blushing... what happened???" Shadow raised a brow.
Amy gasped hiding her face and shook her head furiously, "Nothing! It was, just a dream is all!"
"A dream? And it makes you blush? Oh my..." Shadow trailed off letting imagination take care of the explanation and he smiled deviously.
Amy knew he figured out what dream it was. And she tugged at her ear embarrassed, "I'm sorry."
"Sorry? For what?" Shadow asked.

A waiter came by handing them menu's.
" Well, to think about that so early." She sighed picking up the menu to hide behind it.
"It was just a dream, besides that could be a good sign." He picked up his menu.
"How?"
"Well... it shows you really like me." He chuckled.
"Oh, well of course I do."
"So, nothing to be sorry about, I've had them before."
"You did!?"

Shadow's eyes peeked over the menu at her. She looked back, his stair signaled they were about her.
"Oh." She giggled.
They put the menu down looking up at the waiter and began to order. Upon ordering the same thing the hedgehog's quickly looked at each other.

"Hope he don't get our orders mixed up." Shadow teased.

--Mean while-

"Hey lover boy!" Espio waved as I made it up the steps of the shrine.
"Oh Hi!" I huffed as I made it up the last bit of the steps.
"Well, How'd it go?" Espio asked, "Because your back a lot sooner than I thought."
"Oh, no. Well I mean, it went fine. She was just called in for work y'know."
"No no no, that's not fine Knuckles!" Espio hit his fists on his head, "Your supposed to have her so entranced in your love, she doesn't even care to answer her phone for work! Let alone leave!!"

I bowed my head, "I don't know Espio, what am I supposed to do, break out singing a Spanish love song and play guitar to her!?"
He snapped his fingers, "That could work! It's always hot when your lover speaks another language!"
"Aye carumba." I grumbled and face palmed myself.
"That's it! Now you need to learn how to play guitar! I bet Sonic can teach you!" Espio grabbed a hold of my arm.

"No! I'm not going to do that! Besides the only two songs I know is Feliz Navidad and La Bamaba!"
"Oh come on Knuckles!" Espio rolled his eyes.
"I'll try again tomorrow... if you can watch the emerald."
"Sure! But I won't have forever you know!" He crossed his arms.
"I know. Well thanks for watching her anyway." I put my hand on the emerald and felt the warmth.
"No problem." He began walking down the steps.

"Wait! Espio!" I called running after him.
He turned, "Wha?"
"Um, there is one thing I need to ask you... last night, there was this smell on my side of the bed, and a black... bristle or quill." As I explained I watched to pick up any signs of hidden information Espio would be trying to play as if he didn't know anything, "I didn't say anything until the next day, Shadow was over this morning. And the smell was the same."

Espio's face was showed no signs of hiding anything but he was fully listening.
"Did you say anything to Rouge?" He asked.
"Yes. And when I asked her about it she said the black quill was a hair brush bristle and the smell was a new shampoo..."
Espio's eyes narrowed, "Knuckles, you don't believe that do you!?"
"So you think... she and Shadow..." I couldn't stand to say the rest of what I even thought.
Espio shrugged and mumbled a few, "weeelll y'knowww It most likely iii dunn knooww."

At this point thinking about it made my head hurt and my heart sank past my stomach.
"Look, don't get to worked up about it, you don't have the exact truth of what happened." Espio put a hand on my shoulder.
"No, I don't really need to!" I hit him off, "I might be gullible but I'm not stupid! Shadow and Rouge in bed together, and those two are the all out sex symbols of the 'Sonic team'!! And not only that she has to lie about it! That's an automatic confession she's having an affair with Shadow!" I shouted, not sure if I was more mad or sad at the moment as I came to my realizations.

"Hold on there Knux you don't know for sure!" Espio tried to calm me. I couldn't be calm! I've just been stabbed heartlessly in the chest and left to bleed till death while getting robbed of everything I had to give! My sadness was only expressed in rising tears but my anger over boiled and escaped with a punch to Espio's face. He dodged of course, but it was a close call.

"Get off my Island!!!" I screamed enraged but not wanting to hurt him. He backed away then took off at a full speed run. To let loose of my anger I ran into the wooded area of the island and went to knock down some trees.

So many things flooded my head. Payback, Murder, Suicide...