ShadAmy Chapter 9- Love Struck

"Say anyone notice Shadows been acting different?" Whispered a group of troops as they sat at the table for lunch.

"Yeah, like he finally woke up on the right side of the bed."

"Ha, or maybe got someone in his bed." they laughed.

"Hey boys, whats going on?" Rouge interrupted them.

"Oh, nothing. What's with your 'partner' though? He seem happy." they winked at her.

"...Why'd you say it like that!?" She narrowed her eyes.

"What? Say what? I don't know what your talking about." he snickered along with his pals around him. She rolled her eyes and walked on past joining Shadow at the table.

"Hey." She sat down a bit annoyed.

"Hi." He said lightly still staring out to no where.

"Everyone wants to know if your feeling okay." She said watching him.

He took a moment more before he brought his attention back, looking over at her with smile, "I'm fine."

"...Really?"

"Yeah. I'm great even, fantastic if you will." he said trying to hold back a small chuckle.

"Are you sure, now I'm starting to worry myself." She put up a hand to his fore head.

He laughed and pushed her hand away softly, "I'm fine!"

"Hey Shadow." Topaz sat across from them.

"Hi." He gave her the same smile.

"Oh, a smile? We are in a good mood today." She giggled.

"Am I not allowed?" He asked with a shrug.

"Hm, what's the special occasion if I may ask." She leaned in closely to hear.

Shadow's grin got bigger and he gave a sigh, "I'm.... in love."

"Oh my!" Topaz gasped, "Who's the luck gal?"

"Amy." Rouge said for him crossing her arms, "So I take it your date went well."

"It's all I can think of now. Her eyes and her laugh and every feature of her face so beautiful like-"

"Oh please don't go all Mr. Romance on us and get all mushy gooshy." Rouge interrupted.

"Aw, why? I think it's cute!" Topaz frowned wanting to hear more.

"Na, I probably shouldn't anyway it'd look better down on paper." He said thinking.

"Like a love poem!" Topaz clapped, "Oh Shadow's a lover boy!" She squealed happily.

"Oh please." Rouge rolled her eyes getting up. Se took her lunch and about slam dunked it in the trash can. Topaz and Shadow looked at each other with raised brows.

"What's with her?" She asked.

"I don't know." Shadow shrugged, "Maybe I-"

"Tell me more about your date with Amy!" She interrupted his last thought, "What happened!?"

---Amy's house.-

"You know how the theater is really cold? Well he held me close, he was so warm! And he smelled rather delicious." Amy spoke rather quickly with excitement. By the time she had got home from her date there was no one to call because Cream was in bed already. Now the little rabbit sat at her table watching her pace back and forth and dipped a cookie in her milk.

"And after the movie we ate a little pizza, his eyes were so beautiful I had a hard time not looking at them! And we played at an arcade, oh my gawd it was so fun! We went on bumper cars and played ice ball, he has a good arm at the game. And we had lots and lots and lots of points he got me this when we were done!" She pointed to the necklace with a small heart charm that dangled from around her neck.

"Wow Amy. It sounds like you had a-"

"Wait I'm not done yet! Did I mention his muscles are to die for!?" She said looking out in space dazed.

"...no..." Cream watched her.

"His hug is like, a big shield. Nothing can hurt me when I'm in those arms..." She siged sitting down in a chair and wrapped her arms around herself trying to re-incarnate his hug and the feeling but to no success, "I wish it was never over..." She whispered.

"Well-"

"Oh! And then he has a whole garage of vehicles! It was so cool! And I got to pick one out and he put the music really loud and we sang a song just for fun. He's so funny. And he got me home by sunset, I almost cried when he walked me to the door, and he hugged me one last time. I can still smell him, feel him around me. Oh Cream he makes me feel so, so alive! I couldn't stop smiling all day I've been thinking of him!" She got up to twirl around the kitchen with the extra energy she had.

"Miss Amy are you finished telling me?" Cream asked.

"Oh, yes I'm sorry." She blushed.

"That's okay. Your certainly in love." She smiled.

"You think, … You think he's thinking of me too? Did he like me as much as I like him after the date?" Amy thought out loud.

"Oh I'm sure." Cream nodded, "It has to be Amy, wasn't he the last one you danced with at the ball?" She asked.

"Oh... yes." She remembered.

"It's just like those 'fairy tales' where the wishes come true and to dance with your prince! He confessed his love for you that night Amy, how could he NOT like you as much as you do him?" the little rabbit batted her eyes dreaming of the fantasy stories.

"Hm, your right. I'm worried about nothing." Amy smiled and took up a cookie for herself, "And he's going to call me when he gets off of work." She said happily looking at the clock and at the phone.