ShadAmy Chapter 10- Knuckles Steps it up!

"She should be home any second." I thought lighting the last candle. Sure enough the door swung open bringing in a gust of wind and all my candles went out leaving us both in the dark.

"Aaww...." I bowed my head after a thousand or more candles were blown out. So much time and trouble wasted. "Welcome home Rouge." I greeted hoping she was in a good mood.

"Knuckles? What are you doing home?" Rouge asked putting down her jacket and walked through the dark.

"Well, I was trying to light these candles and surprise you with a romantic candle light dinner." I said going to the wall and felt around for the light.

"Why was you doing that?" She asked and shielded her eyes as the lights came on.

"What? Oh well why shouldn't I? It's been a while since we actually got to see each other and I miss and love you." She smiled looking at me and around at the candles.

"Thank you. I missed you too." She came closer and pulled me into hug. I hugged her back tightly taking a deep breath of her sent I've missed so much.

"Well lets have dinner shall we?" She asked pulling away.

We sat down to have dinner and she kept a slight frown, and I felt she was hiding something.

"How was your day at work?" I asked.

"Fine."

"... Fine? You work for G.U.N go on secret missions and fight monsters and everything else and all you can say if, fine?"

"Well, yeah. It's nothing new anymore."

"Oh. Well My day went... uh fine too. No one threatened the Mast Emerald."

"No knuckles, the only one who had interest in it was me. So now that I'm with you no need to worry."

"... Are you say, that's all your with me for?" I asked getting that's what she meant.

She glared and rolled her eyes, pushing away from the table and told me to "fuck off" she went to bed.

"So much for a good night..." I sighed bowing my head and lost my appetite. I remembered Espio telling me the rumor about another man. It made my heart sink, at just the thought I felt it. The little dagger that thrusts in your chest causing that sharp pain of you emotional little heart and the tears wanting to rise. I quickly ran to her room where I saw her in bed, writing in a book.

"Rouge." I said standing in her door way. She looked up annoyed but said nothing.

I was hesitant to ask, I was afraid of the answer, but I had to know, "Do you still love me?" I asked.

She paused, looking angered at the question at first, but then changed expressions as if thinking and again as if not knowing how to feel about it. She put her book to the side and looked at me.

"Of course I do Knukies. What ever made you think I didn't?" She asked and pat the side of the bed inviting me over. I sat down and shrugged, telling her about the rumors would only piss her off.

"I just feel, we're losing each other, cause we're never with each other and... and I just miss you." I said leaning over resting my head in her lap looking up to her eyes. She smiled and kissed my nose.

"Miss you to baby... lets get some sleep, and we'll have all of tomorrow to our selves." She turned off the light.

~Mean while~

Amy squealed as the phone rang, "It's him!"

She picked it up clearing her throat and tried not to sound as if she'd been counting the seconds waiting for the call, "ahem, hello?"

"Hey Amy." Shadow's voice made her ears tingle and a smile stretched across her muzzle.

"Shadow! You called! Your off of work!?" She asked quickly.

"I told you I would." He said with a light chuckle.

"I know, but you actually did it." She said remembering how Sonic would always stand her up or leave her waiting with out a call until 3 days later.

"Okay. So any idea's for our weekend?" He asked.

'Our weekend' she thought, 'no longer only mine and just his... our.'

"Maybe just a walk, in a park or around the city." She suggested.

"Walk sounds nice." He yawned.

"Are you sure? If you don't wanna it's okay! You don't have to think everything I suggest is nice..." She said in a little worry.

"Hm? No really it does sound good. And after our walk I'll take you for lunch."

"Aw Shadow, your so sweet~" She blushed over the phone.

"Only for you babe." He said, and she pictured him with a little smirk on his face.

"I missed you all day long!" She said hugging herself wishing it was him.

"I missed you too believe me. You was the only thing on my mind today."

She blushed deeper and giggled, "nu-uh."

"Yes you was."

"Stop it Shadow, your flattering me." She laughed.

"I'm only telling the truth." He laughed back at her.

"What time will I see you tomorrow?" She asked.

"How bout around 11, maybe ending of 10. that way we can get a hour and a half stroll and then right onto lunch."

"Okay sounds good." She nodded.

He was heard yawning again, "Okay..."

"You tired Shadow?" She asked.

"Mhm... long day. It's not fair when you have to divert and focus your mind on a job when all you want to do is day dream about a pretty woman." He mumbled softly.

She laughed, " Oh and who's that pretty woman?"

"You of course!" He said, "Who do you think I was talking about!?"

"I just wanted to hear you say it." she giggled while rapping a quill around and around her finger.

"Heh, well good night my Rose. I can't stay awake anymore." He said yawning once again.

"G-good night." She said stunned by the little name. They had hung up and his words still made her blush.

'my little rose, pretty woman, babe.'

She tucker herself in bed with a grin and Shadow in her dreams.