ShadAmy Chapter 13- This Will be a Tough Ride

"Hey Knuckles!?" Espio called as he walked up the Emerald shrine. He had whistled but hadn't got and answer back. "Knux you still asleep???" He asked as he came closer. It was pretty early in the morning, and the sky was a light blue with bright orange and pink as the sun arose. The Master Emerald shined but there was no sight of the red echidna.

"Knuckles??" Espio looked around. After waiting a while and trying to recall places his friend might be he had a bad feeling pit in his stomach. Remembering the conversation before he left about Rouge and Shadow. Now he ran down the steps in a panic quickly trying to think who he should contact firsts. Shadow, or Rouge? Was he giving them a warning, or would he question them for truth... maybe both.

Amy was slightly awake and still halfway in a dream. She dreamed about the night at the ball and dancing with Shadow. She turned over wishing to finish the dream as they locked in a deep kiss. It was only Sunday and she was missing Shadow already. Even though he'd go back to work on Monday. It felt like a child going to school. Dreading the weekdays and loved every weekend. She felt a warmth next to her and a protective vibe that was given off, and she automatically got closer, snuggling up against it.

Her eyes popped open realizing that this was out of the ordinary. Looking at what she was snuggling with, she became flushed on her muzzle. Shadow slept soundly with on arm holding her closely. Out of curiosity she sat up and peeked under the covers. His shoes were off and he slept in his socks. She smiled finding a bit funny. Then her gaze trailed up his legs admiring the red strip that would never mix in with his black fur. Before she had gotten any further up his voice startled her.

"Hopping to see something?" He asked with slight drowsiness in his voice. She jumped and turned to face him.

"I-I'm sorry! No I wasn't, well... m-maybe I was." She hid her face as it became deeply red, "Did I wake you?"

"No, I usually get up at this time, if had gone to sleep at all." He yawned and began to stretch.

"Oh. I'm glad you spent the night..." She said watching him.

He nodded while scratching his head.

"What did we do after lunch?" Amy thought.

"Eh, went to Rouge's club, had a few drinks and danced until we got tired." He shrugged.

"A few drinks!? How much is that!? And what did we do in bed!?" She cried her eyes becoming large.

He laughed and shook his head, "We didn't get wasted I a sure you that. As for the bed we went to sleep because if we were doing something else, I'm sure both of us would remember."

"Phew." Amy relaxed and began to twirl a quill around her finger.

Shadow smiled and was about to get out of bed, but he suddenly caught a whiff of something in the air. Something had changed and it made him feel, weird. He sniffed again taking in the light smell and the more he took it in the more the feeling became stronger. But what was it and whats this feeling mean??

Amy crawled out of bed, "I'm going to the bathroom and then make breakfast okay?" She said as she put on her slippers and hurried to the bathroom.

"Okay..." Shadow said still trying to find the smell. As Amy left the scent had almost disappeared. He decided not to worry about it, as nothing bad seemed to be signaling from it. He got out of bed slipping on his shoes and went to go meet Amy in the kitchen. As he entered the kitchen the smell had came back. Amy stood at the counter scrambling some eggs. Shadow walked closer and the scent became stronger and more affecting. It wasn't a bad feeling, in fact it was a good feeling the feeling he had when he went to bed and had those dreams about Amy. But it was uncontrollable not to put one of those dreams into action. He wrapped his arms around her softly and purred softly.