Chapter 8- Can't Stay Away (Part 1)

***PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER!***

THANKS TO EVERYONE BUYING CHAPTERS ON RADISH! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. <3

CHAPTER 8 - CAN'T STAY AWAY (PART 1)

Ten Years Ago
Isobel's Condo
Cambridge, Massachusetts

-❈-

"What happened?!" Isobel shouted. She rushed towards Alex and tilted his chin upwards. That was when she saw the large bruise on his temple. He was trying to hide it by covering the spot with his hair and by bowing his head.

"Fight," he grunted.

Isobel tugged him towards the kitchen and quickly opened the fridge. She took out her ice tray and emptied the contents into a small dish cloth. She placed the ice against his bruised skin.

"Another of these fights, Alex?" Isobel hissed. She jabbed the ice into his bruise harder to get her point across.

"Ow!" he winced. "That's what you get for fighting! It's stupid and you can get expelled! What the hell were you thinking?" she shrieked. Warm, blue eyes just stared up at her. There was no repentance—not even a hint of regret. Isobel waited for an answer but it seemed like Alex wasn't intent on giving her one.

"Well, what's the fight about anyway?"

She looked deep into Alex's eyes and waited for his reply. He sighed and covered her hand with his.

"You. I just proved to them you're mine."

-❈-