Chapter 9 - Never Forget (Part 2)

***PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED IT!***

NOTE:

Yup! TBDK is officially back here on Wattpad. Why? Because Radish is awesome and also you guys are awesome! Thanks to those who bought chapters on Radish not only for TBDK but for all my stories posted there. 

I'm making an earning from my writing and it gives me butterflies. Lol. Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart!

Chapter 13 - All These Years also posted on Radish today! Isobel uncovers some of Alex's secrets.

So if you guys want to read more chapters, please head over to Radish! Some chapters are free already. If you can't wait, you can buy the chapter or wait a week and read it for free. :)

CHAPTER 9 - Never Forget (Part 2)

"We've been over this before, Isobel. I can't!" Alex gritted through clenched teeth. He moved to extricate himself from Isobel's grip but she refused to let go. After a few more seconds, she loosened her grip on his arm. Instead, she took hold of his hand.

Surprise flickered in Alex's eyes for a fleeting moment. Then, it was replaced with warmth. Isobel knew that, like her, he was remembering all those times they held hands. Alex's hand still felt rough under her grasp. Before, it was from all his calluses from playing football.

Now, she didn't even know where those calluses came from.

All she knew was that Alex now had the capability of killing a man without even blinking an eye. She knew it was to protect her but still, taking a life takes its toll on someone. Alex didn't seem fazed. She knew that reaction and it was from men who were already used to taking lives that it already hardened their hearts.

Isobel squeezed Alex's hand and led him back to the fountain. He followed her and sighed heavily when he sat.

"What do you want from me Isobel?"

"Answers!"

"For what? Nothing's going to change what happened ten years ago." Isobel could hear the frustration in his voice and it tugged at her heart. But she mirrored his feelings and that was what made her want to seek answers.

"Closure, maybe? I just want to know why. You owe me that, Alex."

How could something so perfect end so tragically? What they had before was great. It was the kind of love found only in books. They were the kind of couple everyone envied: the cheerleader and the quarterback. People always said they'd be the first ones to get married right after college.

They were so in love.

"We were to run away, Alex. We were to throw it all away to be together. What happened?"

His eyes flashed. "Life happened, Isobel. Life fucked it all up."

Isobel laughed and shook her head. "Life always happens, Alex. You can't blame everything on life. What happened? Were you scared? Did you change your mind? Did you not feel the same way anymore?"

"No! Never!" he shouted.

Isobel flinched at his tone. Alex closed his eyes and took several deep breaths. Then, he reached for her and pulled her closer to his chest.

"I wasn't... good enough for you, Isobel," Alex whispered.

She inhaled his addictive masculine scent and felt the words rumbling in his chest as he spoke. At his answer, her entire body stiffened and she pulled back. "That crap again, Alex? Haven't we established that a thousand times over? When you finally asked me to be yours, didn't we say we'll get rid of that notion?"