Prologue

Hi everyone!

It's me again. Thanks so much for reading yet another story of mine. Please remember that this is already book two. Book 1 is "The Billion-Dollar Marriage Contract" and is Nikos and Cassia's story. But their story is already over and this time it's Alex and Isobel's love story.

TBDMC is already published.

You can get your copies from Amazon (Paperback), Kindle (Ebook), Smashwords (Ebook), Barnes and Noble (Paperback and Nook Ebook), Itunes/ Ibooks (Ebook)

For my fellow Filipinos: it's NOT AVAILABLE in Bookstores. You can get it through pre-order. Pre-orders are per batches and only those who ordered will get their copies.

FULL DETAILS ON MY BLOG: http://aerithsage.tumblr.com/tbdmc

Thanks and hope you enjoy this story!

*******************************************************

PROLOGUE

April 28, 2003
Clayton Estate
Washington D.C.

George Clayton, one of the Senators of the United States leaned back in his chair.

He frowned as he studied the papers that the private investigator he hired has just given him.

“Tell me about him,” he snarled.

The words of the report blurred for he was too angry at the thought that his only daughter had fallen head-over-heels for someone.

“Alexander Johnson, age twenty-two years old. Senior student at Harvard University currently studying for a degree in Political Science. He has plans on further studying law after he graduates—“

He was cut off when the Senator raised his hand. “Tell me about his father.”

“His father is Janus Johnson, convicted of murder and drug pushing. He was found guilty of murdering his own partner. Before that, he was a top CIA agent who worked on the case of uncovering the Greek Drug Cartel. But he turned traitor and was found out to have accepted the position they offered as a drug lord for one of their territories. He mysteriously died in prison three months after his incarceration. No further investigation was made.”

“Continue,” the Senator urged.

“Janus’ son was given a new name by Social Service so he can avoid the stigma of his father’s crimes and live a normal life. He was named Alex Smith. He was taken in by a distant relative who worked as a gardener for Stavros Demakis’ Las Vegas estate—“

“Stavros Demakis? The Greek tycoon?!” the Senator exclaimed.

“Yes. When Alex’s relative died, he took over gardening Stavros’ estates. That was how he met Stavros’ grandson, Nikos Demakis. From the files of their old school, Demakis was bullied as a boy and it was Alex who taught him to fight. Stavros Demakis sent him to the schools Nikos attended to act as his bodyguard.”

“So this is why he is in Harvard. Someone like him would not be able to attend a prestigious school.”

“The boy also has a brilliant mind aside from Demakis’ influence. He earned his way to Harvard.”

“I do not care if what level of an idiot he is! What I care about is that he is dating my daughter! And the brat has fallen hard for him!”

“Senator—“

“I do not want a criminal’s son and a nobody to date my only daughter!”

The Senator stood up and paced the length of his office.

“My Isobel is beautiful. She is smart and she is the top student of her class! She has a bright future ahead of her! She could be a politician like me and I’m sure the people will love her! But she has set her sights on this scum!”

The private investigator chose to be silent in the face of the Senator’s wrath. He was well-known for his temper and how ruthlessly he handled his enemies. This country loved him so much and it was said that he was in the running for presidency after his term. There was no use antagonizing him.

“Do invite the boy here, detective. I’ll have a word with him. When I’m through, I’m sure he won’t get close to my daughter ever again.”

“Yes, Senator. You wouldn’t harm the boy, will you?”

The Senator threw back his head and laughed. “I could have him killed easily if that was my intent. But my daughter is smart. She’ll figure it out and she won’t forgive me for the rest of her life. I won’t allow that.”

“Then what will you do?”

Everybody has a price detective. I just need to know what’s his.”

******************************************

HOPE YOU LIKED IT! 

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT! THANKS! :)

Twitter:                     http://twitter.com/AerithSage
Got questions?:     http://ask.fm/AerithSage
My Blog:                  http://aerithsage.tumblr.com
Facebook:               http://facebook.com/AerithSageWP