Chapter 7- Mine (Part 2)

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER!***

If you can't wait for updates, please head over to Radish! It's really much appreciated if you could support my writing by buying some chapters. Thank you!

January 8, 2014
The Andrade-Demakis Shipping Corporation
Athens, Greece

"Alex!" a thickly-accented voice called out. Alex turned around from his view on the balcony and stared saw his long-time friend, Antonio Velez. Immediately, his jealous thoughts and gruesome plans about the Senator faded into the background.

"Antonio!" he greeted as he approached his friend. The two exchanged a brief hug and a tight handshake. They were the best of friends. Their friendship started way back in college. Alex and Nikos met Antonio Velez and the three became inseparable. They became a local legend and left several broken hearts in their wake. But after college, they drifted apart and became busy with their own endeavours.

Nikos and Antonio managed their family's businesses and then eventually started their own. Alex, on the other hand, lived his life as a soldier and then later on as a mercenary. Alex could count on his fingers the number of times he's seen his friends after college and this was a very welcome surprise indeed.

"How's your wife?" Alex asked.

"She's well. We missed you at our son's birthday party," Antonio said in a chastising tone.

Alex grinned apologetically and ran his fingers through his hair. "Sorry, buddy. Been busy," he replied.

Antonio raised an eyebrow. "So I've heard. Any news about the recent kidnapping and also our case from two years ago?" he asked.

Alex's grin vanished and he shook his head. This was his one unsolved case and it grated on his nerves. Added to that was the fact that it was his friends who were hurt and he couldn't even chase after the men who did this to them.

"I'm sorry, Antonio," he whispered. Antonio clapped him on the back and squeezed. "Do not worry, my friend. I know you're doing your best. Now, let's go to the party and you can tell me about your latest escapades." Alex chuckled and took one last look around the balcony before he let Antonio lead him back to the party.

The two of them went to the bar and ordered drinks. They were silent for several seconds as they watched the crowd grow larger and larger as guests arrived. From the corner of his eye, Alex saw something blue. Without even turning, he knew it was Isobel.

He stared and it caught Antonio's attention. "Is that Isobel Clayton?" he asked in an amused tone. Alex gritted his teeth. "Yes," he answered.

"Ahhh. Su primer amor," he drawled in Spanish.

Alex choked on his drink and immediately wiped his mouth using several napkins. "My first love? I think your memory is a bit faulty already, buddy. She's not my first girlfriend. We've had several over college," he pointed out.

Antonio shook his head. "But they are meaningless flings. Isobel is the only one you've ever loved."

Antonio's words rendered him speechless so he just rolled his eyes and grunted. He didn't have a clever comeback for his friend. He just continued to stare at Isobel while he sipped his drink. How did Antonio know that Isobel was the only girl he was serious with?

As if sensing the question in his mind, Antonio said, "I'm Spanish. We know the difference between love and lust; between burning passion and a meaningless flame." Alex's jaw dropped and Antonio chuckled. He only stopped when he saw his wife Elise approaching them.