Chapter Sixty-One

Even though I must have felt him move there in my sleep, I startled when I woke in George's arms.  Because of my mini-fright, he woke up too and began to speak before another voice hushed us.  It was John, and he was pointing towards the sleeping Paul.  

"You better get back to your original sleeping positions before he sees you."  As George got up, he asked the guitarist, "Having fun there, Georgie?"

"Piss off." He whispered.  

John rolled his eyes.  "Someone woke up on the wrong side of Elle."

The singer went laid back on the floor, hiding underneath his blankets.  George and I watched each other for a few minutes before I got up, blushing as I pulled down my nightgown, for it had been pushed up as I slept.  John chuckled.  Whether it was at me or something more entertaining, I didn't know.  

After getting dressed and showered in the bathroom, I hurried down to the lobby and into the hotel's sundry shop.  I bought a tiny packet of pain-relieving pills and tossed the bottle at John when I came back into the room.  "You should take these for your headache." 

Paul groaned loudly in his sleep because of the migraine he had.  He was known for his timing when it came to noises.  

The older singer crawled over to the sleeping bassist.  "Come on, princess, wake up and take your pills.  Paul..." John whined.  Then he got an idea.  He started messing with Paul's hair, and the action caused the younger Beatle to sit up and smack John.  I could tell the blow hurt, and George immediately tensed, afraid John wouldn't react well.  

But then John said, "I would get mad, but you're too cute."  He pushed the pillows out from underneath Ringo and onto Paul's head, waking both of them up in the process.  

John, Paul, George and I had to wait for Ringo to get ready, and even though it was only a few minutes, I felt a newfound tension that I thought had long since past.  John kept watching George and me, and I felt so guilty.  I told John that I didn't want a relationship with any of the lads, but let George hold me as I slept.  To be fair, I didn't know it was him until the morning, but it still felt wrong.  

Paul's eyes kept wandering over to me too.  He looked tired, which was normally, because it was about 5:30 in the morning, but it looked like he hadn't slept in a long time and last night was his first full rest in a week.  He gave me a small smile before looking down at the ground. 

All of them seemed like they were waiting for someone to say something, but not just anything.  Something important.  

Did they want me to say something to the three of them?  To settle everything once and for all?  

When we arrived at the station and waited to board the train, John took me aside.  It was hard to take him serious with his little disguise, but the tone of his voice was almost threatening.  "I had to tell Paul.  He's miserable."

"What do you mean?"

"I told him what George and you did last night."

My eyes widened.  "We didn't do anything, John.  He just came and laid next to me.  Now he's going to think George and I...oh, John, why did you do that!" 

John looked down at the ground.  "I felt like he had the right to know.  And he wasn't the only one who was hurt by this, Elle."  The Beatle looked back up at me with sad eyes.  

"I'm sorry..." I began, before he walked away.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------