Chapter Thirty-Three

If the boys hadn't officially made it in England before, they had then.  

They were everywhere.  You couldn't walk past a record store without seeing them in the windows.  Things got so crazy in Liverpool we had to stay in London for the boys to finish working on much for A Hard Day's Night in Abbey Road Studios.  It was so strange walking across Abbey Road with the Beatles.  Little did they know it would go down as one of the most famous photographs in our history.  

Though, in London, it just got even more wild.  The boys were astonished, dumbfounded, at the sight of the crowds and the hysteria of fans.  

But if I were to tell you about what happened later, I would need to go back a few days.  

Things got better for me.  I had stopped having nightmares and hallucinations.  My past, my old life was far behind me, and I had never felt so free.  George got more sleep, and everyone was happy.  

Paul was the only Beatle who wasn't feeling very free.  Something had happened between them, and this time it was Paul who was the angry one.  He never said a word about it to the other lads, not even George.  

What ever she had done, it was coming back to get her.  

Paul's POV

The night I spent with Eleanor when she came to the studio was wonderful, for I had missed her so much.  But during that time, my mind kept wandering to Elle.  What did they always talk about when they went into the washroom together, and why did they always smile, but look angry?  

What was Elle doing with George?

Were they just sitting around and talking?  Or was there something more...romantic going on between them?

The feeling of something more than friendly between George and Elle made me burn with jealousy.  Worse, envy.  

I scolded myself for thinking of her while with Eleanor.  She was everything I wanted, right?  It would disloyal for me to wish for anyone different.  

But then I realized that Eleanor was always disloyal.  

She hadn't called in days, and with Elle spending time with George I was lonely.  John was always getting out while he could, for the fans would crazy if they saw a Beatle walking down the street.  Ringo seemed to be out with a girl each night, or visiting George and Elle.  I could have visited them, too, but my mind was still set on my girl.  

I had bought flowers from a shop by her apartment, and hurried down the road before anyone could spot me.  Hiding the flowers behind my back, I knocked on her door and fixed my hair.  The smile on my face disappeared when a man answered the door.  

"Who are you?" He groaned, like he had just woken up.  

"Is Eleanor here?  I'm her boyfriend."

The man smirked, and Paul heard Eleanor call from somewhere inside the apartment.  "Stephan, come back here!  I miss you!"

I couldn't believe how naive I had been.  I knew there had to be something going on, but I was too stupid to see it.  Shoving the flowers at him, I snapped, "Tell her they're from Paul.  He wishes the best for both of you."

For once in my life, I wanted to be alone.  And for the first time in our relationship, Eleanor called that day.  Ten times.  I was so tempted to pick it up, so she could tell me sweet lies, but I just tried to preoccupy myself with my guitar.  And a few glasses of wine.  More than a few glasses of wine.  

After an hour or so, there was a knock on the door.  I didn't answer it, but I could hear it open.  I had forgotten to lock the door, and I jumped with fright when I felt a hand on my shoulder.