[33]

Last Chapter - 32
"..ay." Dahyun's words weren't audible and Sana had to ask for clarification in which the younger girl gave, her eyes looking into Sana's.

"Dahyun?"

"Please stay."

::Chapter 33::
-Third Person's POV-

"Wh-Why did you call?" The elegant voice stuttered, failing to think of anything in order to continue the conversation. Chaeyoung sighed, her feelings weren't present but hearing Mina's voice was a breather.

"Just keep talking." Is all the cub said, closing her eyes, hoping that everything would soon fade. She didn't even know her proper emotions anymore. Chaeyoung didn't have the same feeling talking with Mina but she also didn't feel the sense of hate.

"..Like this?"

"Yeah. I just need to hear something different." Chaeyoung answered, "Just talk about your life. Your weekend. A childhood story. Whatever makes you feel comfortable saying. Just talk."

The call got quiet but after a few seconds, Mina spoke up, her emotions were at the top as of the moment. She wanted to sprout out her feelings but if Chaeyoung sounded like this, she didn't want to add to the fire. "Momo and I, we got a good score in the dance performance."

"That's good."

Mina soon relaxed. She was happy that Chaeyoung had decided to talk but a part of her wasn't to happy. Mina wanted to talk about, feelings. Emotions. Not some random stories. "Chaeyoung, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure." The awkward conversation killed Mina but she tried to continue it wether or not the answer would hurt her.

Mina stuttered, tumbling over her words, "When did you fall in love with me?" She was expecting Chaeyoung to fire back with an angered response but instead she got something different.

"I don't know." The other girl answered, though it was emotionless, "Love happens at different times. I don't think I can answer that question, sorry."

Mina panicked, "N-No! Don't apologize."

The silence dropped and Mina's heart was beating ten times faster. She was worried about saying the wrong thing and accidently making their situation worst. Mina was already in pain with Chaeyoung not treating her like before, she didn't want to make a mistake again.

"Are you still there."

Mina's ears perked, "Yeah, I'm just thinking of stories." She tried to let out a giggle but the atmosphere was so heavy she couldn't.

Chaeyoung hummed on the other line. Mina missed her voice, the way she laughed, the way Chaeyoung spoke, everything. But she knew that their relationship will never be the same, because of what she did. The guilt, Mina felt was buried in her heart as she hated herself for breaking off such an important friendship.

"Can I ask you another question?"

"Go ahead."

"How do you know your in love?" Mina wanted to keep quiet about this love subject but how can she do that when she's trying to figure out her feelings.

Chaeyoung sighed, "Well. When you want to do everything for that person. When, you feel happy just by being with them, when you want to protect them. When you stay with them even for their mistakes."

Mina fiddled with a pen in her hand, Is that how I feel with Jeongyeon?

"That's my interpretation on love. It really depends on who you ask." Chaeyoung added, "How about you? What does love mean to you, Mina?"