[30]

Last Chapter - 29
But I don't know how.

I like Jeongyeon.

And I don't feel anything for Chaeyoung.

Right?

::Chapter 30::
-Third Person's POV-

Dahyun intently studied the back of her head, before she was snapped back to reality with the help of Sana, "Why do you keep looking at her?" She snickered, finding a chance to tease Dahyun.

"Nothing. I just remember all the memories I made with her before all that other stuff happened." The latter answered. Sans rolled her eyes playfully, knowing that Dahyn was only half lying.

"Ok, but friends don't stare at their friend like they're," Sana leaned toward Dahyun's ear, "in love."

Dahyun's eyes widened as she jerked back, making a loud noise due to the chair moving, "Sana!"

The two friends earned a couple of stares, "What? I swear your in love with Chaeyoung." Sana pushed, ignoring the people around them. Dahyun rolled her eyes, looking away from the elder girl's gaze, "You're delusional."

"Maybe you are. I'm not the one staring at Chaeyoung lovingly." Sana laughed, quickly apologizing since she was loud this time. Chaeyoung looked back, noticing the two bickering at the other table so she decided to approach them.

"Why are you two loud. It's the library." Her voice startled Dahyun who jumped and playfully slapped Sana's forearm. Chaeyoung waiting for a response between the two but received nothing, "Did I do something wrong? You guys are looking at me as if you saw a ghost."

Sana stood up and leaned close to Chaeyoung, pressing her fingers on the tips of Chaeyoung's lips, "Is that a smile." Her voice seemed serious and Dahyun was about to smack the squirrel for being so close to the cub.

It's been already three days since the big argument and during those days no one has spotted a single smile on Chaeyoung. "What if I told you it is." Chaeyoung answered, Sana gasped stepping back, watching Chaeyoung sit down beside Dahyun.

Without warning, Chaeyoung patted Dahyun's head and giggled, her dimples making an appearance. A smile forming. Sana and Dahyun glanced at each other, watching, as they see the cub scroll through her phone.

"You should smile more, Chaeng." Dahyun blurted, only to have slapped her own hand over her mouth. Her cheeks reddening as she sees Sana winking at her, most likely because later on there will be a lot of teasing.

Chaeyoung hummed, "Maybe I should." She looked up at Dahyun "I'll do that. For you." Her last words made a mark on Dahyun's mind as she waved goodbye and left. Sana was happy about this, Chaeyoung looked as if she was trying to let go. It was great but also saddening on Mina's part.

"Good job, Dubu."

"What?" Dahyun failed to speak without stutter. Her cheeks were still slightly red.

"You made her smile. Good job." Sana giggled, sitting back down and scrolling through her phone letting Dahyun fangirl all she wanted. The squirrel let out a sigh, I'm sorry Mina. But maybe this is for the better.

~

Chaeyoung sat down, her smile failing to stay. She buried her face in her hands, her shoulders shaking as she did so. Every book fell onto the white powdered snow, the silent air haunting her. "Who am I kidding." She groaned.

"The only reason why I'm like this is because of her." Chaeyoung shouted, standing up and throwing her textbooks at a tree, screaming, "Damn you."

"Why. Why are yo-" Chaeyoung cried out, before she gradually stopped. Her strength lessening as she feels the cold wind pass by. Her tears rolling down her cheeks, warm and salty.

"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you!" Chaeyoung slid down, "I hate you..so much."

"You could have talked to me about it. Instead of crying to yourself in the middle of nowhere." A familiar voice rang through Chaeyoung's ears. The cub was glad to hear it but at the same time, she didn't want to be in someone's presence.

"It's close to the school." Chaeyoung spoke, her voice shaking as she did so. The younger girl slowly stood up, using the tree as support.

"Why can't you take care of her?"

Chaeyoung growled, turning around with her fists clenched, her tears dry on her cheeks, "Because I don't want to see her again, Sana. Didn't I have to tell you that so many times already."

Sana looked down, her hair acting as a curtain to cover her face, "But she'll need you."

"That's a lie." Chaeyoung grit her teeth, picking up her books and hastily putting them in her bag.

"Please. At least be there for her."

Chaeyoung's action stopped, as she looked back at Sana, with her angered expression still displayed across her face. "Stop tryin-"

Sana ran towards the shorter girl, tightly wrapping her hands around Chaeyoung's forearms, "You don't understand!" Tears non-stop rolled down her cheeks. The younger girl was brought back by Sana's desperate voice. "She needs you! She will and you'll be the only to understand her! Chaeyoung you need to be there for he-"

"YOUR STUPID!" Chaeyoung screamed back, gently pushing Sana away from her, "Mina is worth nothing to me. She's not part of my life." The younger girl repeated, only to notice that Sana was no longer replying back.

Chaeyoung was about to leave until Sana had dropped to her knees, with concern, Chaeyoung sprinted towards the fallen friend. Sana's breaths were hitched, they were short and she seemed to have trouble breathing simply.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scream." Chaeyoung apologized, quickly draping Sana with her own jacket and hugging the girl tightly.

"Yo-You don't understand," Sana forced herself to speak. Her words coming out as a stutter. She looked up at Chaeyoung with these pleading eyes, her hands shaking as she brought it to Chaeyoung's face, "Take care of Mina. Please."

"Sana, I can't-Sana?" Chaeyoung felt Sana's hands go weak against her body, "You're stressing yourself to much, we need to get somewhere warm." Her voice was filled with worry.

"I'm not stressed.." Sana cried, hugging Chaeyoung, tightly.

"Sana we need to get ba-"

"Chaeyoung listen to me." Sana held the younger girl close, knowing how she will react.

"Sana, com-" Chaeyoung tried to carry Sana but the other girl wouldn't budge. "Chaeyoung,"

"I'm dying."

~
Thank you for reading this chapter. 🐧🐯