XXIII - The Mark Felt 'Round the Pack

I woke up to Rafael's heavyweight directly on top of me. It was stifling hot in the room, but it wasn't because of my heat, not anymore at least.

After he marked me last night, it was like everything went away. There was no more pain, no more internal fire, nothing.

We had cuddled for a bit, but I was so tired afterward that I honestly don't even remember falling asleep.

I wiggled under him, trying to get up so I could go to the bathroom and relieve myself. My bladder was absolutely bursting and having his body right on top of me was not helping me at all.

Wiggling wasn't working, so I decided to try my luck with trying to shove him off of me. I guess he finally got irritated with me because he groaned and rolled over, right off the bed and on the floor.

He let out the most girlish scream I had ever heard come from a man and I was immediately sent into a fit of laughter. The laughing made me feel like I was going to pee myself, so I shot out of bed and ran to the bathroom before there was another embarrassing moment added to the morning.

There was a dull ache between my legs, reminding me of Rafael and I's passionate night. It wasn't unbearable, but it definitely wasn't comfortable either.

Rafael was grunting then I heard his footsteps heavy on the floor.

"I guess the floor wasn't as comfortable as you thought?"

I was cracking up, at my poor mate's expense.

"You think you're funny, don't you?"

He was standing in the doorway of the bathroom now as I was washing my hands, watching me with a very unamused expression.

"I mean, I make myself laugh so yeah I guess I do!"

He cracked a smile and started laughing with me. He looked so beautiful and carefree.

I loved the way he looked in the morning. His usually perfectly styled hair a mess from sleep, and a pair of basketball shorts that hung dangerously low on his hips. My wolf stood up and shook out her fur, eyeing our mate and purring in approval.

To her, he looked like a meal and she was more than ready for seconds.

Me? Not so much. I needed real food.

"I have to admit, you look much better in my shirts than I do. Good morning, beautiful. How did you sleep?"

A smile lit up my face at his words. Even first thing in the morning, hair in a mess and morning breath, he made me feel beautiful.

"I slept great, actually, and you?"

"Me too, but I think we need to buy a bigger bed. I'm all for cuddles, but I don't really like fighting over bed space."

"Are you calling me a bed hog?" I narrowed my eyes at him, daring him to call me a bed hog when I was woken up to his full body weight on top of me.

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. So I thought today, we could go get lunch and go mattress shopping? Maybe even buy a new suite for the bedroom?"

I lit up. I loved furniture shopping. I remember my parents taking me with them to buy the new living room furniture because they said, and I quote, "you're like our own little interior designer, baby. We need your advice."

They were always asking me for advice with the house and decorations and things. I loved to design things and just like me, they loved the modern country rustic theme that I had going in my bedroom. I even had a whole board on Pinterest dedicated to my future home and how I wanted it decorated.