XXII - Date Night

**Mature Content in this Chapter. It will be marked with >>> at the beginning and end. If you don't wish to read it, scroll through until the end, there will be a brief summary!**

"Wow, Deirdra. You look absolutely beautiful."

Rafael was standing out front leaned up against his car with a bouquet of roses in his hand. A dozen red roses wrapped up in lace, with a beautiful red bow tied around the stems.

Brittany almost flew out of her skin when she heard the car pull up. She was fussing over every single detail and then was rushing me out the door.

As she stood on the porch, arms crossed over her chest, she watched Raf's reaction with pride. She was definitely the one to thank for how put together I was. My hair, my makeup, everything.

I'd be lying if I said there was any animosity left towards her. We had a great day, and I was looking forward to many more with her.

"Thanks, babe. Your sister is quite the miracle worker." I said as I tucked a stray hair behind my ear, eyes cast downward because I was feeling a bit self-conscious under his gaze.

"You need no miracles to be as perfect as you are."

Swooning.

"Now, are you going to tell me where you're taking me, or is that also a surprise?"

"Oh, my sweet mate, of course, it's a surprise. It's about an hour from here though, so we better get going."

With that, he walked over to the passenger side of the car and opened the door for me, then closing it shut behind me.

He handed the flowers off to Brittany and asked her to take them inside and put them in a vase for me, which she seemed more than happy to do.

He effortlessly slid into the driver's seat and placed a hot hand on my leg, leaving me feeling hotter and more bothered than I ever had in my life.

It had to be the anticipation of what was planned to happen tonight, but it felt like every little touch of his was intensified.

"A quick kiss for the road from my flawless mate?"

He wore his signature smirk as he asked this as if I would even dare say no to him.

Leaning over the console, my lips locked with his.

The tingles I normally felt with him were more intense than usual, and I swear I could feel my body temperature rising just by looking at him.

"Deirdra, I can smell you. Why are you so aroused already?"

"I'm almost positive it's because my brain is trying to keep my body ready for what we have planned after this date tonight."

The temperature seemed to be rising even higher in the car, causing me to turn my side of the car to the lowest temperature it would go to cool off. If I started to sweat in Britt's masterpiece, she would surely kill me.

Rafael's knuckles were white as they gripped the steering wheel, and he quickly whipped a u-turn in the middle of the deserted back road.

"Rafael, what are you doing?" My voice was unusually breathy, the temperature still seemed to be rising within me.

"Sorry to tell you babe, but we won't be going anywhere for a few days. I'm taking you back home before my wolf rips his way to the surface."

Confusion consumed me, what the hell is he talking about? What's wrong with his wolf?