Grumpy's

I slid my cell into my back pocket as I stood up.

Isabella- Are you going to Grumpy’s with me? I said with a side smile.

She looked up at me with her big brown eyes and hesitated for a minute before letting a smile cross her lips. I reached my hand out and she jumped from her bed grabbing onto my hand.

I opened the door and walked out into the hallway and I was pulling my little sister behind me. I got down the stairs, still holding my sister’s hand. Right when she hopped off the last step I turned to have my mother right in my face, scaring me to death.

Isabella- My gosh- mom! I yelped and slapped a hand across my heart.

Mom- Oh, I’m sorry sweetheart. I didn’t mean to scare you.

She rushed to calm me down, but she was completely over reacting I mean I haven’t had the best experiences in life, but it was a normal thing to be shocked when something like that happens. Right?

Mom- Are you okay dear?

She began to pat my hair and tuck some behind my ear.

Isabella- Mom I’m fine. I said with a small smile.

Mom- Okay.

She backed away from me holding her hands together, she had this look on her face that wasn’t exactly clear, but I’m guessing she was hoping I got Aaliyah to calm down.

Isabella- Aaliyah and I are going to meet up with Jacob at Grumpy’s, so can I use your car?

Mom- Yup, yeah. She blurted out and she rushed towards the kitchen and returned with the keys in her hand, handing them over.

I got a grip on the keys and tugged on them, but she hesitated, so I pulled on them a little harder and she let them go. She looked down and my eye brows connected. I looked down at Aaliyah and she looked at my mother with a sad expression. My mom snapped her head back up and gave me a peck on the cheek and she did the same with Aaliyah and made her way back to the kitchen, once more.

I stood there for about 5 more seconds registering everything and then continued out the door, pulling my little sister right beside me. I reached the car unlocking it before pulling the door behind the driver’s seat open for my little sister, so she could climb in. I closed the door behind her and climbed into the driver’s side. I had a license I just didn’t have my own car, but that was going to change come, October.

Right before driving off I sent a text to Jacob letting him know I was ‘on my way (:’ I sat my cell phone in the passenger’s seat and put the car in reverse. I adjusted the mirrors and in one of them I could see the very sad appearance of my sister’s and I just hoped to cheer her up!

10 minutes later I pulled up into the very small parking lot resting in front of Grumpy’s. I let myself out and opened the door for Aaliyah, locking up the car right after she got out.  We walked hand in hand into the small ice cream shop and spotted Jacob sitting alone in a booth to the far left corner of the shop.

Isabella- Hey Jacob. I called out.

All eyes were on me, It was awkward, but I just flashed a smile and strolled over to a now standing, Jacob.

Isabella- Hey Jake! This… is my little sister, Aaliyah.

Jacob- Hey cutie.  He responded, kneeling down with a smile on his face.

She smiled then hid it, showing that adorable, shy part of her. I smiled down at her and then my eyes connected with Jacob’s. His eye’s twinkled and I wasn’t sure if it was at the sight of me or what, but it was cute. I focused in on my sister who withdrew herself from me and ran in the direction of another little girl who was Emily, a friend of hers from school. I saw her mother, Ms. Petersons, and she smiled up at me and I returned the smile.