The Ugly Truth

My hand covered my mouth as I restrained myself from spitting my juice out at Xavier. He’d been throwing jokes left and right and at this very moment I felt the juice creeping up my nose dibbling drops here and there.

I choked down the juice and breathed in a deep breath.

Isabella- Okay okay, no more. I laughed.

It’d had been a pretty fun evening and I was glad I took the time to actually sit and get to know Xavier like this. I had to admit he knew a lot about me and wait I actually liked, than I thought which made this a pretty memorable night!

Isabella- I have to admit this was pretty fun and I think a needed a night out like this.

I smiled widely at Xavier and he smiled back with a quick nod of the head.

Xavier- I’m glad you came out. He smiled.

Xavier’s hand reached across the table grabbing a hold of mines in which I stared momentarily at his fingers as they intertwined with mines.

Isabella- Me to. I smiled.

After a few glances Xavier lifted out of his seat and came closer to me with his eyes dead locked with mines. His body hovered over the table as our lips connected and my breath being caught in my throat as the power of the kiss was enough to make me shiver. It was a kiss that was difficult to explain, but defiantly good enough to make me not want to break away.

--

The waiter handed me a carry out plate for my left overs and before he came Xavier took a call outside, paying the bill on his way out. After our little kiss we talked a little more until a call he received left an almost frightened look. I shrugged my shoulders and continued to place the left overs inside the plate and sealing it off.

On my way out I thanked the waiter and he bid me a goodnight while holding the door open for me.

Isabella- Thank you and you to. I smiled.

He nodded his head at me and he looked quite young, in his twenties almost.

Once I got out the door I looked left and right for Xavier and spotted him far right; a few feet away from Valet.

Xavier- A few things were wrong, but it wasn’t noticeable.  No I’m pretty sure she doesn’t—

I crept up behind him as he spoke softly into his phone. His words being barely audible. Once firmly behind him I placed a hand on his shoulder, catching his attention.

Isabella- Hi. I smiled.

The phone left his ear and he faced me when his finger pressing end, disconnecting the call.

Isabella- Was I interrupting? I asked, with a lifted eyebrow.

Xavier- No, it’s fine. I think I lost the call anyways. He shrugged.

Isabella- Okay? I said giving a questioning look.

Xavier gave a weak laugh before swallowing hard.

Xavier- So are you ready? He asked quickly changing the subject.

He shook his head before looking sternly at me. My eyes narrowing at him, studying him.

Isabella- Yeah. I answered, finally.

He looked away nervously, before walking off. He walked mid-way to the valet and turned back around walking back up to me.

Getting in a safe distance of me he gestured towards the valet, for me to follow him and so I did.