Will You Say Okay?

A/N: I Wanted To Give You Guys A Little More In This Chapter, I Hope I Didn't Over Do It! Lol 

--

I sat in the car, barely making any moments. We currently sat a red light, minutes away from my home.  My eyes peered out onto the road ahead of us and occasionally I could feel his eyes burning holes into the side of my face causing me to glace over at him. And that’s basically the only movements we made.

“I can take you somewhere else. You don’t have to go straight home.” He said, almost silently.

It went quiet again.

“I don’t want you to feel alone, especially right now.” He added.

Isabella- Thanks, but… I trailed off.

I didn’t know. I felt numb with every word I spoke, every movement I made.

“Where ever you want to go, just let me accompany you.” He pleaded.

I turned my head towards him, looking down and not making direct eye contact.

Isabella- I won’t be any kind of entertaining. I spoke, softly.

He let out a chuckle.

“I don’t need your entertainment. I just need to be here with you until I know you’re ok.”

And there’s that sweetheart ladies and gentleman, Jacob.

Isabella- Jacob, I don’t want you to waste your time just watching after me.

Jacob- I’m not trying to baby sit you, Izzy I just want to. Can you see that I would actually be there for you? He asked.

His hurtful tone rang loud and clear. 

Isabella-O-okay.

I looked at him as he looked back at the road.

Jacob- Where do you want to go?

Isabella- It doesn’t matter. I replied.

It went silent again.

About 10 minutes of silence, the car stopped. It wasn’t awkward, but what was there to talk about; his feelings, which I kind of already knew, or what about mine, which I never think about?

I didn’t want to talk about my situation with Mel, I just wanted to take my mind off things.

He turned to me, cutting the engine off.

Jacob- We can talk if you like or we can just sit here. It’s all up to you.

He began to unbuckle his seat belt and reached for the door. In a swift moment he was out and opening mines for me.

Isabella- Thank you.

I stepped out the car and looked around as I realized this was the same park I take Aaliyah to frequently. It’s also a beautiful park to walk around when you’re trying to sort out your thoughts.

It consisted of many trees that shaded the extended walk path, to the right, that curved around the playground hidden behind the rounded, door less, building for those to sit with the near-by bbq’s and of-course surrounded by healthy, green grass. 

Along the path were benches and a few moments later, Jacob and I occupied one.

He sat beside me, not saying a word. I wanted to talk for his sake, but about what? I didn’t know.

Jacob- Uhm there’s an ice cream cart over there, if you want something? He mentioned.

I studied his anxious expressing as he pointed to the cart a few feet to the side of him.