{Eighteen}

© Amber Kalkes 2014

 Song-------------}

*Sexual Content

{Eighteen}

Tyler is pacing in front of me while I’m sitting cross-legged on the bed. He keeps running his hands through his hair, stopping to look at me opening his mouth and then closing it only to begin pacing again. I’m trying to be patient but my wolf and I are starting to get antsy and agitated. Besides it’s been twenty minutes of this and something has to be said.

This is seriously not how I thought we’d spend the aftermath of having sex.

Seriously.

So I clear my throat and Tyler stops pacing to look at me.

“Tyler.” I begin slowly,  “What did you do?”

“I claimed you.” He repeats the phrase from earlier quietly.

I take a calming breath, galaxy give me patience. “And that means what exactly?”

“It means you belong to me. My wolf has marked you as it’s own and has bonded you to me for...life.”

I grab the nearest object, which turns out to be his alarm clock and throw it at him. He ducks but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t have the right effect. He looks panicked and shocked, well he should! Asshole!

“What the hell?” he yells.

“You bonded me to you for life and didn’t think to discuss it with me?” I shriek.

He ducks again as I throw a lamp at him. “It was going to happen anyway!”

“Oh really?” I grunt tossing a book from his side table at him, “And when was I going to be made aware that you planned on tying me to your side for life? People usually ask their victim before that kind of commitment, Tyler!”

“You’re my mate Jane! My soul mate! It was going to happen sooner than later. That was why I mark you as soon as I saw you in the snow. I knew you were going to need time but I had to know you—“

“Whoa, wait a second!” I yell cutting him off, “Did you say you were the wolf that…bit me? After the accident it was you? You bit me?”

Tyler rises from his ducked position giving me a sad look, “Yes.”

My skin splits open rapidly and I yell in pain and rage as my human body gives way to my silver wolf body. I’m too angry to worry with Tyler to notice his wide-eyed gaze, the door bursting open or even Gavin screaming my name. I don’t hear any of it because all my wolf is chanting in my head is:

Woods, woods, woods.

I follow her lead and absently notice I’ve jumped through a window before my feet hit the still wet ground below. It’s cold, subconsciously I know this but my wolf doesn’t seem to mind it. Of course, she wouldn’t. She’s the one covered in fur. She tells me in her normally clipped way that Tyler or ‘mate’ as she calls him is following us. She’s excited about this little chase but I just want to get away from him right now. I need space to get over the hurt.

He bit me. Bit me! Did he make me this way? Did he purposely make me a fluffy freak just to keep me with him forever? Do I still love him? That last question has an automatic answer. Yes, I still and probably always will love Tyler. To me he is perfection and with this new enlightenment I’m not quiet sure what this says about me.

Something nips my hind leg making me fall to the earth with a whine. Something heavy falls on top of me before I can try to bolt again. Tingles more intense then anything I’ve felt before let me know that it is indeed Tyler on top of me. He flips me so I’m on my back, an uncomfortable position in this form before he shift back to a very naked human version of himself.