{Fifteen}

© Amber Kalkes 2014

 Song----------------}

{Fifteen}

I wake up panting and sweating like a hooker in church in a dark unknown room. Letting my eyes adjust I realize quickly I’m still in the motel room. Relaxing a bit I look over my sweaty shoulder to see Tyler with a pained face and low groans coming from his mouth. They aren’t sexy groans either, these sound pained. He is also coated in sweat and his bare chest is moving rapidly in distress.

“Tyler?” I whisper.

“No…Dad…don’t go.” He whines quietly. “Stay…don’t leave me.”

I scoot closer to him and shake him a bit. He doesn’t budge but instead growls a little at me making me freeze. What’s that rule I’ve heard of? Never wake a sleepwalker? Sure, he isn’t up and walking but touching him in a more violent manner seems to be getting negative effects. So instead I begin slowly moving the damp dark hair from his sweaty face and move my lips to his ear.

“Tyler, baby, I need you to wake up.” I whisper.

I hear him whine and I take that as a good sign so I continue.

“Ty, come back to me. I need you to wake up.”

Abruptly his arms shoot out and when his fingers hit the flesh of my arm they grip me and pull me roughly against him. His mouth is suddenly on mine desperate and needy. Sensing he needs the comfort though I’m not all to sure he’s even conscious of what he’s doing I kiss him back with just as much need. He groans, the sexy kind, against my mouth as he pins me underneath him. We are both damp with the perspiration of our nightmares but it only adds to the strong scents we give off for each other.

“Jane.” He whispers against my lips as he releases me for the air we both need, “Your really here, right?”

I caress his cheek as he looks down at me with scared brown eyes. “Yeah, Ty, I’m here.”

“You were gone…you were all gone. I was alone.” He says in a broken voice.

I push my head up to kiss him lightly on the lips. “I’m not going anywhere, okay? You and me against the universe, okay?”

He nods slowly but still looks scared of something I’m sure I can’t even fathom. His parents were killed violently and sure my parents aren’t the greatest but at least they are still alive. Tyler lost everything in one swift motion and despite my own fucked up family situation I can’t understand because I’ve never been there. So all I can do is comfort him the best I can until he wants to tell me more. Be here for him until he doesn’t need me anymore.

“Come on.” I call settling up on the bed more I spread my arms wide for him to crawl into, “We need sleep.”

He looks so lost right now, almost like a child.  I’ve never felt more protective of anyone as I do of him in this moment. He looks a little unsure before he nods and slides into my waiting arms. His head rests on my collarbone as his arms wrap themselves around my middle. His legs entwine in mine and I realize I am being used as a comfort toy, like a teddy bear.

I can’t find it in myself to complain.

“Jane?” He whispers.

I kiss the top of his dark head of hair, “Yes?”

“I love you, you know that right?”

I smile a little in the darkness, “I’ve recently become aware of the fact, yes.”