{Twelve}

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song----------------} 

 {Twelve}

I watch in fascination as the black wolf, the one I recognize as Tyler, circles and snarls at the golden mystery wolf. My body is frozen as I watch the two, half of me is happy no blood is being drawn while the other half is ready to yell at them to get going already. The tension is killing me.

Until they strike I take in their appearances, both have bright yellow eyes and though their fur is colored it’s thinly laid over their forms. Their backs are hunched when on all fours and they have to have been seven feet tall on hind legs. Their arms are more human than anything else as are their legs and chests but their hands are animalistic claws. Their feet are also arched and clawed while they dig them into the ground before the golden wolf-thing jumps into the air.

They are nothing like my wolf form. They are something…other…stronger and powerful. I was more of a traditional wolf while these things looked more like those Lycans in the movie, Underworld. It makes me feel a little inferior to be honest. Tyler’s wolf suddenly rises on his hind legs and lets out a deafening snarl before catching the golden wolf by the throat. The golden wolf snarls at him in defiance but it’s cut short by Tyler flinging him back towards the woods.

The golden wolf shivers and shrinks until it is back to being the very golden man whose eyes are still glowing gold as he smirks in my direction. I shoot him a disgusted look only making his smirk widen before he winks and runs of into the woods. Leaving me feeling confused and a little bit in shock.

What the fuck just happened?

I look over at the still wolfed up version of Tyler standing there with a heaving dark chest and a tense stance. Feeling awkward I clear my throat making him snap his giant wolf head in my direction. His glowing yellow eyes, like pots of molten gold, stare at me harshly before softening. His body begins to shiver and shake before his skin begins to give way to human flesh instead of thin dark fur.

I watch him with wide eyes before…oh god.

“Jane?” Tyler calls softly.

Oh dear god, don’t make eye contact, look anywhere but him.

“Jane? Babe? Are you…are you scared of me?”

I shake my head.

“Then why won’t you look at me?” he snaps trying to catch my eyes.

Nope, try all you want wolf-boy but I am not looking at you right now.

“Jane, look at me!” he pleads.

“I can’t!” I snap trying to fight back a blush.

He exhales sharply, “Why?”

“Be-Because your…”

“What? A mutant? A freak? An abomination?” he yells.

“Because your naked!” I yell back not able to fight the blush. It breaks across my face making me want to crawl into a hole. I’ve seen a naked man before, why am I suddenly acting like some schoolgirl?

Tyler’s chuckle cuts off my inner embarrassment ramble. “Seriously?”

“Oh shut it, Tyler.” I snap.

“Your seriously embarrassed because I’m naked right now?”

I stare out at the water and nod.

He laughs loudly this time making me groan in frustration. God, his laugh is such an odd turn on but I can’t help it. The voice in my head is practically purring in my head. Wait, can wolves purr? No, it would be more of like a panting or a tail wiggle right?