Chapter Twenty-Three

Cale’s POV

          I was surprised when Annie contacted me via mind link freaking out about some of the girls in the house fighting; I rushed over to the house without a second thought but wasn’t prepared for what I walked in to find. I used the side entrance when I walked in to find the wall in the kitchen had huge cracks running down it where it appeared someone had been thrown into it; most of the girls were sitting at the table in a seemingly state of shock and looking in the direction of the entry way. The growls coming from the entry way could be heard from outside before I even entered the house but now that I was in the kitchen they were intensified; if we were in the wild I would swear that there was a wolf about to die, and as I walked into the entry way I found that assumption wasn’t far from the truth.

          It took me a few moments to even react as I took in the condition of the small space; shards of clothing were scattered across the area and almost every surface from the floors to the walls were covered in a light spraying of blood. On the floor a white and silver wolf had a white and brown wolf pinned to the ground about ready to submit; a few sniffs of the air was all it took for me to determine that it was Shay and Sam involved in the fight. I had thought that after our trip today that the two of them were on better terms; maybe I was just too distracted with the other girls and everything we were doing to notice any different but it seemed like they were getting along alight during the day. Knowing that things could turn sour quickly if I left the two girls in the position they were in I intervened quickly and they didn’t hesitate to part from one another; I couldn’t really blame them with the anger and authority that was rolling off my body at the moment.

          Once I had sent the girls up to their rooms to change I headed to the elimination room to think about what I should do about what I just walked in on; the two of them have butted heads since day one and after that fight I could only see it getting worse rather than better. I really wished that I could’ve somehow got the two of them to get along; I wasn’t ready to get rid of either of them yet, they each had their own redeeming qualities that I liked about them. I had to decide whether or not it was worth the risk to keep them around; I couldn’t have the two of them getting into a brawl every time one of them pissed the other off. I couldn’t very well send one of them home without sending the other home too, but I couldn’t risk them tearing each others throats out if I left them in the same house together.

          I needed to find out what had happened to push them to the point of actually shifting and fighting in the house to be able to make my decision; I wasn’t prepared to let either one of them go, but if they couldn’t come up with a viable explanation on why they destroyed my house and almost killed each other then I would have to figure something out and possibly make a decision that I wasn’t ready to make. I rubbed my temples out of frustration as I waited for the two girls to make their appearance in the room; Sam showed up first with a bandage placed over one of her eyebrows and I motioned for her to sit down while we waited for Shay. Shay walked in a few minutes later and I waited for her to be seated before talking a deep breath and starting the conversation.

“Would either one of you like to explain to me what was just happening in there?” I asked motioning in the direction of the entry way; Shay crossed her arms over her chest and sat back in the chair with a huff while Sam straightened her back and decided to speak first.