Chapter Twenty-Seven

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

CALE'S POV

I know I shouldn't have kissed Shay, I just... I couldn't stop myself. Ok, maybe I could have, but I didn't want to. Not only that but my wolf sure as hell didn't want to; it all has me so confused. After dropping Shay back off at the house my mind must have still been in a daze because I now found myself staring aimlessly at the ceiling in my bedroom, replaying the events from the day over and over in my head. I finally got Shay to open up to me, I finally got a glimpse of the woman I have been desperately trying to get to know, and now I might of fucked it all up.

She didn't seem to be all that upset with me for kissing her, and she sure as hell seemed as into it as I was at the time, but I could tell that she closed herself off a little bit after it happened. She said she wouldn't allow herself to fall for me, she wouldn't give me her heart; I can understand her reasoning behind it, I would be a complete jackass if I didn't, but it still hurt to know that she wouldn't give all of herself to me, to know that she would always be holding part of herself back. Why did that hurt so much? Why couldn't I just accept that that's the way it had to be? I couldn't really expect her to allow herself to fall in love with me when I couldn't fully commit myself to her, could I?

"Please tell me that you're not falling in love with that girl! Really Cale, out of all the women you have falling at your feet you choose the ticking fucking time bomb of them all?" My brothers voice broke me out of my thoughts and had me jolting up in bed.

"What the fuck Joey, ever heard of knocking?" I asked glaring at him from across the room; his arrogant ass didn't notice, that or he didn't care, most likely the later of the two as he continued walking and balanced himself on the edge of the bed.

"I did knock, twice actually," I couldn't decide if he was lying or if I was just so out of it that I didn't notice so I let him continue without arguing. "It's not my fault that you were in here daydreaming about banging that chick." I leaned forward to smack the grin off his face but he was quick to jump up from the bed and avoid it.

"What the fuck do you want bro, I'm really not in the mood for your bullshit right now." I growled leaning back on the pillows.

"Oh trust me I know exactly what type of mood you're in, blue-balls always gets me all worked up too." He grabbed one of the superbowl rings off my dresser and started twirling it between his fingers. "Why do you collect this shit anyways?"

"First of all I don't have blue-balls, I don't know what would have given you that idea, and secondly I like football, so why not collect one of the most valuable things a player can earn from the sport? Why do you collect so many nude magazines?" I added as I got off the bed and took the ring from him before putting it back in its rightful place on my dresser.

"Agh because I love naked women," he replied like it was the most obvious thing in the world; ok, maybe it was the most obvious thing in the world, stupid question. "And as for the blue-balls, after that show you put on in the hot tub I can't imagine you're felling very... relieved right now." That stupid smirk was back on his face, as for my own I'm pretty sure my mouth was hanging open in shock.

"How the hell do you know what happened in the hot tub?" My stare must have shown how pissed off I was because he took a step back and held his hands up in surrender.

"Calm down bro, it's not like I was in the room with you," he waited for me to take a few calming breaths before continuing; I didn't miss how he angled himself towards the doorway so he could make a clean exit if need be. "Did you somehow forget that we have an amazing security system in this house?" His question threw me off at first before I realized that he must have witnessed the whole thing over the video cameras that were mounted in basically every room but the bathrooms.