Chapter Fifteen - Oh Snap! (Week Four)

Shay’s POV

          After leaving the gym I took a short walk to try and clear my head; I wasn’t sure what to really think about what just happened back there. I know that I had crossed the line when I disrespected Cale, but I never expected him to get as pissed as he did; when he shifted and my wolf made me submit to him I’ll admit I was more scared in that moment than I think I’ve ever been in my entire life. As an Alpha’s daughter I’ve never been challenged before, never been forced to submit; even my father had never taken things that far so it was a whole new ball game for me. The fact that he didn’t in any way, shape or form hurt me was relieving and I know my own actions pushed him to the extreme of making me submit; it didn’t take me long to decide that I had no right to be angry at him for what he had done.

          I at least learned one thing out of being here and that was to never, and I mean never, disrespect a Royal; if Cale decided to keep me around longer then I was really going to need to work on my think before you speak skills. The throbbing in my arm as my body worked to mend the broken bone was the thing that drove me back to the house; walking in I immediately went in search of pain medication and after finding some I was quick to gulp it down and head up to my room to get some rest. Walking in I was glad to find the room empty and took the opportunity to get myself some rest. Liz came up a few hours later and I gave her a vague explanation about a friendly sparring match with one of the other pack members gone wrong as to what happened to my arm; it’s not that I didn’t want to tell her the whole truth but I wasn’t really in the mood for the twenty questions that would be thrown my way once she learned about what really happened.

          The rest of the weekend went by slowly and I spent most of Saturday out at the pond; a small part of me was hoping that Cale would show up so that we could talk about what happened but the other part of me was glad that he didn’t. I still wasn’t really sure what I was going to say to him, I knew that I needed to apologize for what I did but I wasn’t sure just how to go about it yet; the time alone gave me time to clear my head and by the time I got back to the house I knew that just coming right out and saying I was sorry was the best path to take. All day Sunday I debated with myself on if I wanted to stay longer or not; I knew that the more time I spent with Cale the more attached to him I would become and I wasn’t sure if I was willing to risk that or not. It didn’t really matter what I thought in the end though, the final decision on if I stayed or if I go would be up to Cale.

          His decision was made for me to stay and for the first time walking out of that room I can’t say that I was disappointed; I still wasn’t ready to open up to him and allow him into my heart, but it wouldn’t hurt to at least allow myself to get to know him a little better. I will say that I wasn’t happy that Samantha was still going to be around though; this whole situation would be a lot easier if she wasn’t in the picture. I don’t know what Cale sees in her, to me she’s just a downright snobby, pig headed bitch; there has to be some type of connection between them for him to keep her around, I just for the life of me couldn’t figure out what it could be. Liz was picked to stay too of course, Cale would be a complete idiot to get rid of her; I have a feeling that she’s going to be the one to win this thing and I couldn’t be more happy for her.

          Liz has been great to me from the first day we got here and I knew that I would really miss her when it was my time to leave; we had already exchanged numbers and promised to keep in touch when this whole thing was over with. It might seem weird to some people, making friends with a girl that you’re competing with, but it was different for me; I wasn’t here to win the heart of the Prince, I was here because I was forced to be here. Even if that wasn’t the case, I still wouldn’t have any hard feelings against Liz if she got picked over me; the decision of who would be the future Queen was in Cale’s hands, no one else’s. Other than Ali, Liz is the only girl that I have ever been able to stand to be around for more than a few days at a time; same thing goes for her, not many women can stand to be around me for an extended period of time either. What can I say, I’m a bitch; I’m an honest bitch, but a bitch still the same.