Chapter Thirty

CHAPTER THIRTY

SHAY'S POV

When we arrived at the boat docks on Wednesday I was in heaven, boat heaven that is; everything from yachts big enough to fit another multi-million dollar boat inside of them, to eliminator and cigarette boats that I was familiar with seeing often on Lake Havasu. I know my brother Jordan would have a hard-on the size of Alaska at the site, and if I had a dick of my own I can't say I would be much different; we grew up on the water, I was water skiing by the time I was four and it was more of a fight to get us kids off the boat than it was to get us to eat brussels sprouts for dinner. My dad was into V-drive drag boat racing growing up and his love for the sport rubbed off on all of us; I may not be able to name a single football player, but I could spout off the names of every V-drive legend since the sport started without flinching.

Cale met us at the end of the dock and engaged us in conversation as we made our way down the slotted planks; I didn't hear a damn word he said, as my mind was fully focused on identifying every boat we passed by and wondering what type of treasures they held under those engine hatches. Man was I giddy, I've never been on a boat in the ocean before, just the lake and Colorado River back home; it looked pretty calm out today in the bay but I couldn't help but wonder if the water would be rougher once we got out on open water. We came to a stop about half way down the dock and I stood there admiring the boat that Cale pointed out as his; I could tell from just a glance that it was a Mystic, and fuck was it big, if I could get my head out of my ass and actually listen for a few minutes I might actually find out what the model was.

"Wow, how big is this thing?" Tori asked as Cale held her hand and helped her onto the bow of the boat; I cringed at the fact that she still had her flip flops on, that poor gel-coat.

"It's a 50-foot Mystic C5000S," Cale answered with a wide grin. While that knowledge probably went right over the heads over the other girls, I knew enough to tell me that this was a 1.5 million dollar boat; that's just the base price, god knows how much he had in it in upgrades!

"What type of engine's?" I asked as he grabbed the hand I wasn't holding my flip flops in and helped me board as well; and yes, I said engines as in plural, there was no way that only one engine powered this bad boy.

"You never fail to surprise me Shay," Cale answered with a chuckle before addressing my question. "It has twin Mercury racing 1350s." I did some quick math in my head, guestimating the weight and prop size.

"So she does about 150?" I asked, taking the liberty of picking the co-captains chair so I could get a good view of all the switches and gauges; he shook his head in disbelief before answering.

"Close, I've seen 160 out of her before," There was an auditable gasp from the other girls on board, "Don't worry girls, we're just going for a Sunday cruise today." He answered them in return; while the others seemed relieved I was kind of disappointed, I haven't had an adrenaline fix in a while, a 160 MPH boat ride would sure fix that right up.

"So what's her name?" I asked once Cale finished untying the beauty from the dock and took a seat in the captains chair.

"Cali," He replied with a chuckle.

"You named your boat?" I heard one of the girls ask from behind us, but that thought was soon forgotten as Cale fired her up and the roar of the engines coming to life drowned out all other sound; Cale allowed them to calm down to a soft purr before easing the beast out of her parking spot and into the bay.

The water got slightly rougher the further out into the ocean we ventured, but the boat handed the waves like a champ; to be honest the ride wasn't much different from our Canyon back home, considering that it was half the length and horsepower, I was pretty proud of our little pickle – that's what we nicknamed her because of the pickle fork design of her haul, similar to the one mystic was sporting. All the gauges were digital so it took me a few minutes to figure out where everything I was interested in was located, it also featured a large LCD screen in the dash that gave you a good view of the sponsons sticking out the front; I found out once we stopped that the same view was available in the LCD screens mounted in the backs of the two front seats for back-seat passengers, damn this boat was just full of all the bells and whistles.