Chapter 4

Two weeks flew by pretty quickly, school was the same and CBN was getting intense. I woke up to my phone ringing on my night table. I stretched my arm out trying to reach it until I got it.

“Hello” I mumbled half asleep.

“Morning Lucy” Karla answered.

“I need you to start packing and to come to my office so I can give you some information” She said.

“Alright… wait why am I packing?” I asked confused.

“We are going to London tomorrow.”

“Um alright… I’ll be there in an hour” I said and hung up.

That was just lovely, she tells me to pack up a day before, what is this? I thought to myself as I got dressed. I shook my annoyance out of my head and ran downstairs. As soon as I got to the kitchen my mom gave me the phone.

“Umm …. Hello?” I asked.

“It’s Damon, want to hang out today?” he asked.

“Yeah sure, meet me at CBN?”

“Alright see you there in an hour.” He said, and hung up.

I walked to the kitchen to eat breakfast while to also tell my mom that Karla called, saying that I needed to go with her to London tomorrow morning, and that she wanted to see me today.

“Mom, Karla called not to long ago to tell me that she needs to see me a.s.a.p, about going with her to London tomorrow.” I told my mom sitting at the breakfast bar.

“I need you to take Greg with you though cause I got a call from the office and when I get home, I want to know about this trip.” she said giving me a plate with my breakfast.

I nodded and started to eat. My mom was one of those mothers that make you eat breakfast even if you’re not hungry, because they believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. After finishing our breakfast she gathered the plates and placed them in the sink. I got up and helped her with the dishes. She grabbed her keys, kissed Greg and left.

            We finally managed to get to CBN. I grabbed Greg’s hand and made our way down the hall to the elevators.

“Lucy” A voice called after me

“Hey”, I called back when I saw Damon.

Damon smiled and crouched down to Greg’s level.

“Who is this little guy?” he said looking at Greg.

“I’m Greg, and I’m this old.” Greg said holding his hand up to show that he was five.

“Wow you’re a big boy.” Damon said with a soft laugh and standing up.

Greg just nodded and we walked down the hallway until we reached a lobby. I left Greg with Damon and headed to Karla’s office. I stood in front of her door and knocked.

“Come in.” she said.

I stepped inside her office and took a seat in front of her.

“You’ve been here for a month and I’m impressed with you,” she started to say. “And I think that you are ready to come with me to London.” She finished and stared at me for my reaction.

“W-wow London, that’s awesome” was all I could manage to say.

She smiled at me and handed me a folder that had my ticket, hotel reservation and other information.

“Wait what about school?” I asked.

“All taken care of, and I’ll call your mother” she said.

“Alright then its settled” I said, and got up.

“See you tomorrow morning then darling.” she said with a smile.

            I took all the papers and hurried out to the lobby where Damon and Greg were. Greg ran towards me and I picked him up.

“Lulu, can Damon come to the park too?” he asked.

“If he wants to.” I told him. Looking at Damon, who was just smiling.

We walked outside and I put Greg down because he was kind of heavy, then walked around to the park that was around the corner of CBN. Greg ran towards the park and Damon and I made our way to a bench in front of the jungle gym, where I could keep an eye on Greg. We sat there and I started to tell Damon about my trip to London that I just found out about.

“That’s fantastic Lucy” he said with a huge smile.

“Yeah…” I said with a faint laugh.

“Lulu” Greg called from the swings interrupting our conversation. Damon and I looked at each other and we ran towards Greg.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, getting down to his level.

“Nothing” he said running to the slide.

I stood there confused for a few seconds and then decided to just go on the swing. I sat down and started to push myself. I looked at Damon and smiled at him. He then moved behind me and started to push me.

“You are such a child” he said, laughing and pushing me.

I couldn’t help it but to start laughing and saying “higher, higher.” He laughed with me and kept pushing me.

“Alright, alright I’m done” I said, exhausted from laughing. Damon chuckled and took hold of the chains to stop me. As he pulled me to an abrupt stop he tumbled with me on the swing and our faces were now inches apart. My heart racing as his hot breath hit my skin. His blue eyes were now just staring back into my brown eyes. Damon leaned in closer making our lips come into contact our lips moved together in sync, my phone started to vibrate and it startled me making me pull away from our kiss. Damon smiled and I stood up.

“H-hello?” I answered my voice a bit shaky.

“Lucy where are you?” my mom asked.

“At the park with Greg and Damon.”

“Need to talk to you, Karla called me.”

“Alright on my way.”

I hung up and called Greg and I excused myself with Damon who understood. We walked to the parking lot and I opened the door so Greg could get in.

“We’ll skype” I said turning around to face Damon.

“Promise?” he asked cupping my face and leaning in to kiss me.

“I promise” I said and leaned in to peck his lips.

We said bye with one last kiss and I got in my car and drove away.

Lucy’s outfit http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=52535825