Chapter 2

We got there twenty minutes early and I was starving so I headed to a coffee shop that was around the corner. Silvia tagged along with me because she didn’t want to stay a lone. So we got something fast to eat and ate it on our way back.

“Hello I’m Lucy and this is Silvia, we are here for our co-op” I told the girl at the front desk in the lobby.

The girl looked at us with a welcoming smile and told us to go to a room that was across from her desk so we could have our identification card picture taken. We stood in front of a blue background and had our picture taken.

“Hello Girls” said a male voice entering the room.

“Hello” we echoed back.

He walked towards us with a smile and sat down behind the oak desk that was in front of us.

“Welcome to CBN” he said signing our co-op papers.

“Thank you” we said between giggles.

“My name is Jason Nissen” he said stretching his hand out towards us.

            We shook his hand and he went over some ground rules that we needed to fallow; about how we can’t talk about certain shows that are being aired due to our contract that we signed. After a couple of minutes Jason called a girl to show us around the building and wished us good luck.

“Hello I’m Sydnea” she said with a smile.

We introduced each other and started the tour around. We went and saw the set of True News, which is this gossip show. Then Sydnea showed us the dressing rooms and introduced us to the cast of River View. After going around the building Sydnea stopped at an office and asked for two bags.

“What size of shirt are you Lucy?” She asked

“I’m a medium” I told her

“What about you?” she asked Silvia

“I’m a medium as well” she replied.

Sydnea gave us a bag containing two shirts; one was red and the other one was black. We looked at them to see if they would fit.

“We wear uniforms?” Silvia asked Sydnea confused.

“Haha. No these are only when you have to shoot out somewhere outside the building, its mostly so people can see that you are with us” she explained and graved two folders that were on a desk.

“Lucy you are Karla’s assistant, and you Silvia you are going with Kevin the producer of True News” she informed us pointing to where we had to go.

I was a bit disappointed because I wanted to have Silvia’s position, but I made my way to the office that Sydnea pointed me to go.

“Hello Lucy” Karla greeted me when I got to her office.

“Hello” I responded shyly.

“How are you my darling?” she continued.

“Really excited, actually” I said giggling.

Karla smiled and started to explain to me what she expected me to do. I was expected to answer phone calls and make calls, receive and send packages, make coffee for her, and type out notes from meetings that were held every week sometimes even every day. I was really disappointed to hear what I was going to be doing because it had nothing to do with being a producer.

            Karla got me started on some paperwork. I printed papers that I was asked to print and took them to her. She looked them over to see if I had printed all of them. Once she made sure she smiled and dismissed me for the day. I smiled back at her and left to go and see if Silvia was done. I looked for her down at the lobby but no sign of her so I made my way to True News. I entered the room and there she was sitting on the couch. I sat beside her.