Chapter 11: The Decision

Tiffany’s POV

 “ I don’t know? I’m so confused.”

“ Just make up your mind!”

“ John, it’s not that easy.”

“ Would you just stay with me.”

“ Stay with you, what for? Look at us were already fighting.”

“ Well, that’s what we do. We fight.”

“ And?”

“ And, it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really difficult. And were gonna have to work at it everyday, but I want to because I want you, forever.”

“ I’m not doing this right now.”

“ Don’t take the easy way out.” 

“ What easy way? There’s no easy way. No matter what I do somebody gets hurt!”

“ Stop thinking about what everyone wants! Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want!”

“ John, IT’S NOT THAT EASY!”

“ What do you want, dammit?”

“ I got to go. Come on Austin, let me take you home.” A tear fell down my face as I got into the car. I needed some time to think. Austin slid into the  passenger seat. The car ride was silent for a while until Austin spoke up.

“ Tiffy I think I should back off, because me being in the picture is creating a lot of drama. I like you a lot and I care for you and I want to be with you, but just being friends just looks like a better choice. I know you’re a kind and great person and this decision is going to be very hard for you so I’m not going to make you decide. You obviously love John and he’s a great guy, I don’t deserve you. I will always be your best friend and still have feelings for you, but I can’t put that kind of pressure on you. So, I’m going to make the decision for you, pick John.” 

“ Austin, I just don’t want your feelings hurt. I like you both, I just... I don’t know.”

“ TIFFANY STOP! Every time something happened with John, you would come crawling to me. I’m a friend and I will be your shoulder to cry on every time your hurt, but it seemed as if when things didn’t work out with John and things weren’t going your way you would run to me. Stop trying to make it hard on yourself! You know what you want! Just stop worrying about everything else.” 

Austin was right and I felt terrible, I wanted John but I was worried about what people would think. I knew what I wanted, I knew who I wanted.

“ I’m so sorry Austin.”

“ It’s fine Tiffany. I’m a big boy, I will deal with it.”

We were at Austin’s house. He opened the door, then turned and looked at me.

“ Take care of yourself.” He said while he wiped my face. He kissed my forehead and wished me a goodnight. I watched as he went into his house then I drove away and back to my house. 

When I walked in I saw John on the couch, his head was in his hands and he was crying. I walked over to him and took his hands away from his face.

“ I chose you!” I wiped his tears, he smiled at me. Then he kissed me, I was so happy I felt complete. I had exactly what I wanted and it was clear to me now, I wanted John. 

“ Never leave me again.” 

“ I won’t.”

“ You promise.”

“ I’m just as sure as the stars in the sky.”