Chapter 16: Emotions

I woke up to the morning sun beaming through the car window blinding my eyelids. I struggled to open them as the light filtered through the trees into the car. I rubbed my eyes and checked the time, it was 11:00. I looked over to my left and Connor was still sleeping. He looked so peaceful as the sunlight glistened across his face.

"Connor you need to wake up!!" I said shaking him a bit.

"Leave me alone!"

"We need to find help, we are still lost and on the side of the road."

"Stop being so dramatic," he said while rolling his eyes at me.

I flicked his cheek. "You're so annoying!"

He quickly got up and rubbed his eyes. His hair was a complete mess but for some reason he still looked good.

"What are you starring at weirdo?" he said while fixing his hair in the rear view mirror.

"Nothing", I replied while I looked out the window. "Can we please go find help? I want to go home!"

"Alright, alright! Let's hike up this road to see if there is a gas station or shop near by"

We both got out the car and headed down the road. The sky was gray and cloudy and I could tell it was about to rain.

I was starting to get worried, there was not a car in sight, let alone a gas station or shop. How did I end up in this mess with HIM of all people.

We had been walking for almost 2 hours now when we saw a brown farm house. It looked abandoned but we decided to check it out anyway.