Chapter 7: Maybe You're Right

Tiffany's POV

When I left Austin’s house I called Brooke to find out what happened to him. 

[Calling Brooke]

“Now you believe me”

“Yes, now tell me what happened to him”

“The hospital called this morning, all I know is that he is in the California Hospital on Barren Street room 236”

“Thanks Brooke your the best, can you at least have the house cleaned for when I get home with John”

“Sure no problem love”

I finally found the hospital I parked my car close just in case he broke a leg or something we wouldn’t have to travel far. I went to the front desk to sign in, first the lady started giving me hard time because I wasn’t family but when I explain the situation and told her I was his fiance she let me go right in. 

“Right this way ma’am”

“Thank you”

The nurse opened the door to let me in I was so scared to see him, I didn’t know what to expect. 

“He might not wake up right away because he’s on some medication for the pain, but he should be up in a bit. Then just get him all packed up and you can sign out at the front desk,”

“Okay thank you again”

I started to walk slowly toward him, he looked so helpless I started to cry. If I had just danced with him instead of worrying about Austin none of this would have happened.I got him dressed with the basketball shorts and t-shirt I borrowed from Austin.It was really hard to because he was sleeping and because of the cast on his arm and leg. I finally pulled up a chair and sat next to him, I grabbed his hand and kissed it. After a couple of minutes his eyes finally opened, I was so happy he was finally up.

“ Hello sweetie.” I nervously said. 

“Mom?”

“ No, your mom died.”

“ What!!! Where’s my dad.”

“ He died too.”

“ Him too! Do I have a sister?”

“ Nope.”

“ What the hell! What’s going on in the world a zombie apocalypse.”

“ Yup, pretty much!”

“REALLY!?!”