Chapter Number Sixteen

Don't know what to say, with all the projects, school, and other stuff, we've been really awful with our updates :/ We can only apologize, but at least while we're not updating, we're actively working on our stories. You can hopefully look forward to regular updates from now on (I know we said that a few times, but this time we're really going for it!!!) And you might even get to see a few new, exciting books pop up on our page ;)

Enjoy, Comment, Vote! 

More coming briefly!

____________________________________________________________

Robin

The words tasted bitter as I spoke them and left an awful taste in my mouth but I had to say it. I needed to, didn’t I? I couldn’t just let him hurt me further; I didn’t want to be hurt again. But it pained me to utter them. That just didn’t make sense, if I was doing this to protect my heart, why was it aching more now?

 “I like you, Robin. And that only makes me so much more stupid.”

Heaving a deep sigh I shook my head against the seductive touch of his words. He couldn’t have meant them, not if he turned to Ana straight after saving me. If he really did like me than he would have turned to me, no? Am I wrong? Stupid?

Clenching my hands around the bowl, I dropped my head so my hair fell in waves covering my eyes and hiding my broken expression from the others. I couldn’t let them see it, no, they would do something rash, stupid and we didn’t need that.

“Ro?”

My shoulders tensed as she sat next to me and hunched over when her cool hand pressed against the thin material of my top. That hand moved the curtain of hair hiding my face from hers. Levy didn’t say a thing, just took hold of my hand in hers and tugged me to my feet and pulled me out of the cave.

I followed numbly, my eyes betraying me as they shot over to where he cosied up to Ana and widened a bit when I found his focused intently on me, ignoring the words that she spoke into his ear. What did he see when he looked at me? Did he see the hurt? The sorrow? Or was the mask I wore so powerful that it hid them away from him even though they threatened to rip me apart?

 What was this sudden deep need for him?

Outside, Levy took a deep breath of the cold air and smiled softly at me before leading me down to the tree line where we could talk in peace and within the safety of the cave.

“Spill,” she ordered.

“Excuse me?”

“Don’t Ro,” Levy sighed. “You can lie to all of them, fool them with your cool expression but not me. I am your best friend. I know you. Remember? I am the only one who knows you had a crush on Mr. Matters.”

“Have,” I mumbled. “Not had. Saying had means he’s gone.”

“Yeah,” she grinned at me. “So you still like our teacher?”

 Rolling my eyes I chuckled. “Maybe.”

Levy released a high pitched giggle and clapped her hands and sighed. “I can’t blame you. He’s so dreamy and young! Like what? In his twenties? Hmm.”

“Uh, Levy? Where are you going with this?” I asked with a frown as she continued to gaze into the distance daydreaming of our teacher.

“Oh, right,” she blushed and giggled nervously before sobering up and squinting at him. “What happened between you and Dante?”