Chapter Number Eleven

Didn't take us three months this time! XD Seriously, though, we'll try and NOT make another lapse... 

Enjoy, Comment, Vote! 

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 11

Robin

We were still some distance from the cave my legs gave out and I collapsed with a yelp to the ground. Draco paused ahead of me and glanced back in confusion as Shadow knelt next to me and sniffed the air.

“You’re bleeding,” he gasped.

“Man, you'd be so embarrassed if it were something else and not a cut,” I said dryly and Dante chuckled along with Draco. The two fell silent though and glared at each other.

“Not the time for jokes,” Shadow hissed. “Where are you hurt?”

“My legs,” I muttered feeling the familiar burn lace around my thighs. “They must have opened up when I had the encounter with the leech.”

A shadow fell across his face and he sighed. “I’m sorry about that.”

“Not your fault,” I grinned and patted his cheek. “I’ll be grand, just need to remember that I’m cut so I don’t do something stupid.”

“Too late,” Dante muttered and I scowled up at him.

“Turn around,” I ordered and three pairs of surprised eyes looked back at me. I puffed out my cheeks. “I want to check my legs and don’t want you all staring, now turn around!”

Two obediently listened and did as asked while one, Dante, the perv just smirked at me. We had a silent tense stare off during which time I gave him the finger and he chuckled before making a huge show of turning his back to me.

Keeping my eyes trained on him, I somehow managed to shimmy out of the pants and muttered a curse at what I saw. Blood drenched the bandages Kiera had put on me. I tugged the long T over so it covered everything I needed it to and stretched out to pull at the bottom of Dante’s pants.

He glanced back at me with a frown but then his eyes darted to my legs and he was in motion before I could utter a single syllable. The others spun at the commotion and just blinked at me. Shadow’s eyes filled with guilt while Draco cocked his head to the side with interest as Dante dropped to his knees next to me.

“Why didn’t your blood heal them?” I asked him with irritation. “You say sup bloods gives us some of your gifts. It healed my arm, why not my legs?”

“I don’t know,” he grunted back, ripping bandages and stuff from one of the backpacks. “I never gave my blood to another before. Maybe all its use went to your arm, the imitate threat?”

“How did you receive those wounds?” Draco questioned.

“When we were hit by something, Shadow was in wolf form and his claws dug into me,” I replied without thinking, it was a mistake.

Suddenly Draco had Shadow by the throat and he hissed baring his fangs. Dante cursed and I shouted, pushing him back and struggling to my feet. I stumbled and Dante caught me, his arm glided up my legs to wind around my waist as he stood also, this cause the top to rid up.

“You dared to hurt her?” Draco snarled at Shadow who struggled and kicked at him. But even though he connected with his target, his kicks did nothing but annoy the snake.

“Draco, release him!” I yelled. “It was an accident!”

Glowing green eyes pierced mine and pinned me in place. I shuddered slightly and gripped Dante’s arm. He snarled at the snake and pulled me closer.